Subject: [Ips] iSCSI Login PDU in FFP

From: [email-masked]
Date: Mon, 13 Jun 2005 15:44:33 -0400

Is it valid under any circumstances for an initiator to send a Login Request
PDU on a TCP connection that belongs to a full-feature iSCSI connection? I
believe it is implied by the initiator connection state machine that this
cannot happen, however, I don't recall see it clearly stated that Login PDUs
should only be sent during the Login phase. 

Thanks,
Adam

_______________________________________________
Ips mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/ips

---

From: William Studenmund <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 13 Jun 2005 14:50:19 -0700

> should only be sent during the Login phase.

Section 3.2.3:

    Before the Full Feature Phase is established, only Login Request and
    Login Response PDUs are allowed.  Login requests and responses MUST
    be used exclusively during Login.  On any connection, the login phase
    MUST immediately follow TCP connection establishment and a subsequent
    Login Phase MUST NOT occur before tearing down a connection.

Take care,

Bill

---

From: Julian Satran <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 14 Jun 2005 10:03:28 +0300

At least 2.5.3.2 states that Login Request
and Response are used exclusively during login.

Julo

[email-masked]

Sent by: [email-masked]

13/06/2005 22:44

To

[email-masked]

cc

Subject

[Ips] iSCSI Login PDU in FFP

Is it valid under any circumstances for an initiator
to send a Login Request

PDU on a TCP connection that belongs to a full-feature iSCSI connection?
I

cannot happen, however, I don't recall see it clearly stated that Login
PDUs

Thanks,

Adam

Ips mailing list

[email-masked]