Subject: [Ips] MaxOutstandingUnexpectedPDUs

From: "Mallikarjun C." <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 17 Jun 2005 18:57:37 -0700

Mike & I had an offline discussion on the current description of this 
key in the iSER spec, which I stumbled on in addressing the Last Call 
comments.  I suggested changing the current text (excuse my delayed 
comment).  While Mike is agreeable to the change, we thought we should 
poll the list for any objections.

The current text reads:

6.7 MaxOutstandingUnexpectedPDUs
.......
MaxOutstandingUnexpectedPDUs=<numerical-value-from-2-to-(2**32-1) |
None>
Default is None

AFAICT, this will be the only official key with a "numerical-value" 
label that can also take a "None" string value.  This may (or may not) 
challenge some parsers.  So my suggested change was:

6.7 MaxOutstandingUnexpectedPDUs
.......
MaxOutstandingUnexpectedPDUs=<numerical-value-from-2-to-(2**32-1) |
0>
Default is 0

And then to define the semantics of the default 0 (unlimited).

Does anyone have an objection to this change?
-- 
Mallikarjun

Mallikarjun Chadalapaka
Networked Storage Architecture
StorageWorks Division
Hewlett-Packard MS 5668
Roseville CA 95747
cbm [at] rose.hp.com

_______________________________________________
Ips mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/ips