Subject: [Ips] IPS DRAFT Paris minutes

From: [email-masked]
Date: Tue, 9 Aug 2005 22:53:24 -0400

These are the draft minutes - please send corrections to
me.  The only decision made in the meeting was on the
generalization of iSER to allow use with IB - I will post
a separate message on that.

Thanks,
--David

The IP Storage (ips) WG meets 1815-1945 on Tuesday,
August 2, 2005 at the IETF meetings in Paris, France.

AGENDA
------

Administrivia, agenda bashing, draft status review, etc.: 15 min
	David L. Black, EMC (co-chair)

	Blue sheets
	Note Well
	WG chair change - Elizabeth Rodriguez has resigned as co-chair.
		David Black will continue as the sole chair.
	Milestones (charter milestones need revision)
	Draft status - iSER and DA are through WG Last Call.  Publication
		will be requested by end of August.
	
	MIB Status (I-D tracker is not up to date):
	- MIBs requiring expert re-review:
		SCSI, iFCP, iSCSI
	- Expert review comments received and waiting for new version:
		FCIP, iSCSI Authorization 
	- New version of MIB recently submitted, needs expert review:
		iSNS

	iFCP draft is in RFC Editor's queue, among others.  iFCP appears
	to be waiting on authors to respond to RFC Editor question on
	references.

iSCSI Implementer's Guide (draft-ietf-ips-iscsi-impl-guide-00.txt): 15 min
	David L. Black, EMC (co-chair) for Mallikarjun Chadalapaka, HP
(editor)

	FYI and opportunity for comments.  The draft will remain open well
	into 2006, and the mailing list is the primary forum for working
	on it.

iSER over InfiniBand: up to 1 hour  John Hufferd, Brocade
	draft-hufferd-iser-ib-00.txt

	Proposal for text edits to iSER to permit use on other transports,
	including InfiniBand.  Also will help enable iSER to be defined over
	SCTP.

	See John's slides.  Important meeting notes:

	SHOULD implement IPsec-equivalent security for non-IP transports
	appears to be the right approach (no objection in room - WG chair
	is ok with this).

	iSER discovery on IB will rely upon (and require presence of)
	IP over IB.

	Sense of room: Want to proceed towards applying these changes
	(after careful review and WG rough consensus) to the approved
	iSER draft so that there is one draft that is broadly applicable
	rather than the current iSER draft plus a draft that modifies
	that draft to broaden it.

iSCSI Discovery Data Extensions: Conceptual Discussion John Hufferd, Brocade

	Extending iSCSI discovery to support other transports.

	Meeting discussion: Not sure until all the details are worked out,
		starting with backwards compatibility and protocol gateways
		of varying transparency.  Overall approach is worthy of
further
		investigation.

----------------------------------------------------
David L. Black, Senior Technologist
EMC Corporation, 176 South St., Hopkinton, MA  01748
+1 (508) 293-7953             FAX: +1 (508) 293-7786
[email-masked]        Mobile: +1 (978) 394-7754
----------------------------------------------------

_______________________________________________
Ips mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/ips