Subject: [Ips] iSER over IB - Consensus call

From: [email-masked]
Date: Tue, 9 Aug 2005 23:01:57 -0400

The IPS WG Paris meeting discussed:

iSER over InfiniBand (draft-hufferd-iser-ib-00.txt)

	Proposal for text edits to iSER to permit use on other transports,
	including InfiniBand.  Also will help enable iSER to be defined over
	SCTP.

This draft is (or at least is intended to be) entirely editorial -
it does not (or at least is not intended to) make any technical
changes to the iSER draft that has passed WG Last Call.

The draft Paris minutes record the following:

	Sense of room: Want to proceed towards applying these changes
	(after careful review and WG rough consensus) to the approved
	iSER draft so that there is one draft that is broadly applicable
	rather than the current iSER draft plus a draft that modifies
	that draft to broaden it.

Anyone who objects to this sense of the room in Paris should post
to the list with reasons for the objection, otherwise the sense of
the room to proceed in this direction will become the rough consensus
of the IPS WG.

If the WG does proceed in this direction, the next step will be a WG
Last Call on draft-hufferd-iser-ib-00.txt, with all changes/comments/etc.
to be posted to the list, even editorial ones.  After conclusion of
that WG Last Call, the resulting edits can be applied to produce a new
version of the iSER draft.  We'll try to get this done by the end
of August, but it may take a bit longer.

Thanks,
--David
----------------------------------------------------
David L. Black, Senior Technologist
EMC Corporation, 176 South St., Hopkinton, MA  01748
+1 (508) 293-7953             FAX: +1 (508) 293-7786
[email-masked]        Mobile: +1 (978) 394-7754
----------------------------------------------------

_______________________________________________
Ips mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/ips