Subject: [Ips] iSNS MIB Revision Plans

From: "Kevin Gibbons" <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 4 Oct 2005 22:29:38 -0700

The initial iSNS MIB draft versions were designed to fully configure,
monitor and manage multiple iSNS clients and servers.  This may have
been too much to expect in a single standard MIB.

It has been discussed that the draft iSNS MIB would be more easily
ratified, and easier to implement, if it was not as extensive and large
as the current draft.

Because of this, it is propose to make the iSNS MIB smaller.  The
updated MIB would not provide for configuration of iSNS Clients and
Servers.  Rather, it will monitor the contents and status of iSNS
Clients and Servers.  Configuration settings would be done in enterprise
MIBs for a specific server implementation.  This would be more efficient
and resilient to industry changes.  The draft standard could then
support iSNS server HA configurations not currently envisioned.

Because of the reduction in size, and layout changes, it will need to go
through last call again.  However, due to the underlying iSNS begin
close to ratification, and the MIB being smaller, it should make it
through more easily.

I plan to have a draft out for review shortly.

If there are suggestions for changes to the MIB, please reply to the
reflector or to me directly.

Regards, Kevin

---------------------------------
Kevin Gibbons
McDATA Corporation
(408)567-5765
[email-masked]
---------------------------------
(gate01)

_______________________________________________
Ips mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/ips