Subject: RE: [Ips] iSER API's

From: "John Hufferd" <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 6 Jan 2006 13:17:48 -0800

Eddy,

What APIs are you asking about?  The SCSI CLASS Driver to the Device
Driver (Mini Port Driver) should have the same interfaces for iSER as it
is available for iSCSI.  If you mean between the Device Driver (Mini
Port Driver) and the RNIC, that will probably be the RNIC vendors
interface if they have implemented all or part of the iSER or Data Mover
in the RNIC itself, or the RNIC vendor's interfaces to their version of
the verbs (at least until the OS implements its own RDMA interfaces that
implement the RDMA verbs). 

I believe that, over time, most OSs will have generic RDMA interfaces,
which can be use by all certified RNIC hardware, and any application
(user space or kernel space); in that case the iSER module will probably
interface to that OS's RDMA interfaces.

.

.

.

John L Hufferd

Sr. Executive Director of Technology

Brocade Communications Systems, Inc

[email-masked]

Office Phone: (408) 333-5244; eFAX: (408) 904-4688

Alt Office Phone: (408) 997-6136; Cell: (408) 627-9606

  _____  

From: [email-masked] [mailto:[email-masked]] On Behalf Of
Eddy Quicksall
Sent: Friday, January 06, 2006 11:42 AM
To: [email-masked]
Subject: [Ips] iSER API's

Is there any work afoot to design some standard iSER API's?

Eddy

_______________________________________________
Ips mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/ips