Subject: [Ips] MIB DOctor review: draft-ietf-ips-scsi-mib-08.txt

From: "Wijnen, Bert (Bert)" <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 2 Jan 2006 23:56:58 +0100

Except for the below nits I am happy with this doc to go to IETF Last Call.
Up to Allison if she wants the below addressed first or if she wants to 
consider it as intial IETF Last Call comments.

Bert

--------

I get these reference/citation reports:

  !! Missing citation for Normative reference:
  P091 L025:    [RFC3411]  Harrington, D., Presuhn, R., and B. Wijnen, "An

You IMPORT SnmpAdminSTring from it, so it needs a citation to the
normative reference.

  !! Missing citation for Informative reference:
  P092 L020:    [RFC3980]  Krueger, M., Chadalapaka, M., and R. Elliott, "T11 Network

Your problem to solve

  !! Missing Reference for citation: [SAM-2]
  P038 L009:           more SCSI Target Ports ([SAM-2] chapter 5.9.6, 5.9.7)
  P065 L049:         ([SAM-2] Chapters 5.9.6, 5.9.7).

I think you just beed to s/SAM-2/SAM2/

They are normal (i.e. not MIB specific) issues, so I leave it to Allison as
to how she wants to handle that.

In the Security COnsiderations Section, I do not see an description of
security/privacy considerations for read-write objects in scsiInstanceTable,
in the scsiDeviceTable.

In total I count 17 tables, and in the Security Considerations there is
only mention of 5 or 6. Do the other tables not have any security or
privacy considerations?

I know that recently the IESG did send a MIB document back to the WG/authors
to fix a similar problem.

Again, this is something I leave to Allison on how she wants to handle it.

Bert

_______________________________________________
Ips mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/ips

---

From: Allison Mankin <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 02 Jan 2006 15:16:55 -0800

Bert,

Thank you very much for this review.  I'm going to
send the SCSI MIB to IETF Last Call now, but the authors
should take Bert's comments on the security details
of the tables into consideration, and we will handle them
some way before placing the document before the IESG.

Allison