Subject: [Ips] Protocol Action: 'Definition of Managed Objects for SCSI Entities' to Proposed Standard

From: The IESG <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 03 Feb 2006 10:45:27 -0500

The IESG has approved the following document:

- 'Definition of Managed Objects for SCSI Entities '
   <draft-ietf-ips-scsi-mib-09.txt> as a Proposed Standard

This document is the product of the IP Storage Working Group. 

The IESG contact persons are Allison Mankin and Jon Peterson.

A URL of this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-ietf-ips-scsi-mib-09.txt

Technical Summary
 
   This specification defines a set of managed objects to configure and
   monitor Small Computer System Interface entities (SCSI entities),
   i.e.  SCSI Target Devices and SCSI Initiator Devices and SCSI Ports.

   SCSI is a client-server protocol in which application clients within
   a SCSI initiator device (client) issue service requests to logical
   units contained in a SCSI target device(server).
 
Working Group Summary
 
   This working group was chartered to work on SCSI over TCP-IP (iSCSI),
   but it was determined (with reflection in the charter) that it 
   was also the right group to work on and review the SCSI MIB.
   There was no controversy on this MIB.  There was some active
   discussion and review when the WG handled the MIB, which was 
   some time ago, due to delay in availability of a slot for a
   MIB Doctor Review.

Protocol Quality

   Bert Wijnen was the MIB Doctor for the IESG.  This MIB was also
   very carefully reviewed by the ANSI T10 Committee, which is
   responsible for the SCSI specifications.  The Area Director has
   been told of implementations.
 
 Note to the RFC Editor

   Please delete from Section 14.1, Normative References, this one
   is not cited/required for implementing the MIB:

   [X3T10]    X3T10/97-101, "IEEE Tutorial for SCSI use of IEEE
              company_id", X3T10 Revision 2, February 1997,
              <http://www.t10.org/ftp/t10/document.97/97-101r2.pdf>.

_______________________________________________
Ips mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/ips