Subject: [Ips] ips WG Last Call Complete - Node Architecture Key draft

From: [email-masked]
Date: Mon, 2 Oct 2006 12:45:03 -0400

This ips WG Last Call on the following draft is complete:

      Declarative Public Extension Key for iSCSI Node Architecture
                draft-ietf-ips-iscsi-nodearch-key-01.txt

The only comments I have on this draft seen are mine, and they're
entirely editorial, so this draft has passed WG Last Call.  The draft
author (Dave Wysochanski) should submit a revised version addressing
all of those comments.  With respect to the following comment:

> The only change I think might not be necessary is the one in Section
4.
> There was an error in the -00 version of the draft, but I think the
-01
> version is ok.
> 
>> Section 4:
>> 
>>    The choice of which countermeasure is most appropriate depends on
the
>>    environment.  However, the first countermeasure may be acceptable
in
>>    many environments, since it provides a compromise between sending
too
>>    much information and the other more complete countermeasures of
not
>>    sending the key at all or using IPsec.
>> 
>> I think this should say 'However, the latter countermeasure'.
Recheck
>> this text with respect to the immediately preceding paragraph in the
>> draft.

What needs to be done is in the last sentence quoted - recheck Section 4
in the next version to make sure this paragraph is consistent with the
previous one.

Please make sure the next version of the draft passes the online ID
Nits Checker at:

	http://tools.ietf.org/tools/idnits/

*before* submitting it in order to avoid being told to resubmit yet
another version that does pass those checks.

Thanks,
--David
----------------------------------------------------
David L. Black, Senior Technologist
EMC Corporation, 176 South St., Hopkinton, MA  01748
+1 (508) 293-7953             FAX: +1 (508) 293-7786
[email-masked]        Mobile: +1 (978) 394-7754
----------------------------------------------------

_______________________________________________
Ips mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/ips