Subject: [Ips] iSNS Spec - I guess a "not" is missed.

From: Victor Li <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 20 Nov 2006 18:22:53 +0800

In the RFC 4171 section 5.6.5.1 Page 45 paragraph 2:

   If the replace bit is set, then the objects, attributes, and
   relationships specified in the Operating Attributes SHALL replace the
   object identified by the Message Key.  The object and all of its
   subordinate objects SHALL be deregistered, and the appropriate SCNs
   SHALL be sent by the iSNS server for the deregistered objects.  The
   objects listed in the Operating Attributes are then used to replace
   the just-deregistered objects.  Note that additional SCNs SHALL be
   sent for the newly-registered objects, if appropriate.  Existing
   objects and relationships that are not identified or that are
   subordinate to the object identified by the Message Key MUST NOT be
   affected or changed.

In the begining, it specifies that the objects that are subordinate to the
object identified by the Message Key will be deregistered. But in the end
it specifies that the objects and relationships that are subordinate to the
object identified by the Message Key MUST NOT be affected or changed.

What does this mean? is a "not" missed there?

Thanks,
Victor

_______________________________________________
Ips mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/ips