Subject: [Ips] Use of TargetAddress conflict

From: "Eddy Quicksall" <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 18 Jan 2007 15:27:17 -0500

Is there a conflict in wording here? Is the TargetAddress required?

Appendix D says "A target record begins with the TargetName text key, followed by a list of TargetAddress text keys". This implies that a TargetAddress must accompany each TargetName.

But a few paragraphs down it says "Each target record returned includes zero or more TargetAddress fields".

Eddy

_______________________________________________
Ips mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/ips

---

From: Paul Koning <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 18 Jan 2007 15:38:01 -0500

>>>>> "Eddy" == Eddy Quicksall <[email-masked]> writes:

 Eddy> Is there a conflict in wording here? Is the TargetAddress
 Eddy> required?

 Eddy> Appendix D says "A target record begins with the TargetName
 Eddy> text key, followed by a list of TargetAddress text keys". This
 Eddy> implies that a TargetAddress must accompany each TargetName.

 Eddy> But a few paragraphs down it says "Each target record returned
 Eddy> includes zero or more TargetAddress fields".

That doesn't sound like a conflict.  If the first bit of text had said
"non-empty list", it would be, but "list" in my book includes "empty
list".

	paul

---

From: "Eddy Quicksall" <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 18 Jan 2007 15:44:22 -0500

So I think you are saying that the target could return just a TargetName for 
a SendTargets and not include the TargetAddress. Correct?

Eddy