Subject: [Ips] iSCSI Corrections and Clarifications draft status

From: [email-masked]
Date: Fri, 23 Feb 2007 15:06:53 -0500

I have (finally) reviewed this draft and apologize for
the delays.  I have a bunch of review comments, mostly
minor, but the review has turned up a potentially
major IANA issue:

	At the risk of opening Pandora's box, do we want
	to create IANA registries into which we can put the
	new TaskReporting key and the type 5 async message
	in order to establish a precedent for future
	standards-track extensions to iSCSI?

I'm going to submit the RFC publication request for this
draft now in order to get this issue (create IANA registries
for all the iSCSI protocol elements in RFC 3720) in front
of our Area Director (Lars).  A copy of that request will
appear on this list shortly.

In addition, I will send my review comments to the list.
With the exception of the IANA issue, it is acceptable to
treat my review comments as initial IETF Last Call comments;
they'll need to be addressed whenever the next version
of the draft is prepared (we'll need one prior to IESG
consideration of the draft).

FYI,
--David
----------------------------------------------------
David L. Black, Senior Technologist
EMC Corporation, 176 South St., Hopkinton, MA  01748
+1 (508) 293-7953             FAX: +1 (508) 293-7786
[email-masked]        Mobile: +1 (978) 394-7754
----------------------------------------------------

_______________________________________________
Ips mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/ips

---

From: Lars Eggert <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 24 Feb 2007 09:50:21 +0200

> 	standards-track extensions to iSCSI?

Without creating a registry and guidelines on how to manage it, IANA  
will block this document during IESG processing. I suggest that the  
WG craft an appropriate IANA considerations section.

Lars