Subject: [Ips] Recovery and ERL=0

From: "Deuskar, Prafulla" <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 13 Feb 2008 10:02:51 -0800

With ERL=0 and Multiple Connections/Session what options does an
Initiator have for error recovery?

Session recovery seems very heavy weight with MCS - Does section 6.7 in
RFC only apply to within-a-command' or 'within-a-connection' data
recovery classes?

For ex: In case of digest error can I do the following and still be
considered compliant with RFC with ERL=0

If it is an iSCSI data PDU with digest error - abort the task and
terminate the command with an error

If it is an iSCSI response PDU with digest error - logout the connection
(abort all commands associated with the connection)

Thanks,

Prafulla

_______________________________________________
Ips mailing list
[email-masked]
http://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/ips