Subject: [Ips] SCSI inquire command & iscsi wrapping

From: folkert <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 2 Feb 2011 15:13:40 +0100

Hi,

I'm struggling to get scsi 0x12 command working in my iSCSI target
(which will be an opensource java iSCSI target by the way).

I follow the procedure as described at
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/SCSI_Inquiry_Command

If I understand it correctly this is what happens:
Now, I receive an PDU with opcode 0x01 (SCSI command). In it, there's
the CDB with byte 3 and 4 telling how much extra data (apart from the
regular 16 CDB in the PDU) may be send by the target.
So as a target, let's say cdb byte 3+4 tell me i can send 'x' bytes.
So in the CDB space in the PDU I put a CDB with opcode 12 and byte 3+4
telling how many bytes I want to send.
Then, of the next 36 bytes I would want to send (I don't have any vendor
specific data), I can add 'x' bytes after the PDU with byte 4 set to
MIN(x, 36) - 4.

My question now is: am I right?

Folkert van Heusden

-- 
----------------------------------------------------------------------
Phone: +31-6-41278122, PGP-key: 1F28D8AE, www.vanheusden.com