Subject: [Ips] iSCSI WRITE (10)

From: folkert <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 9 Feb 2011 18:18:28 +0100

Hi,

Ok I'm a lot further: the whole discovery handshake (including mode
sense, inquiries and what not) works find. Small reads/writes work too
(the ones with data in the pdu message).

Something which is not entirely clear from the RFC is the following:
- an initiator sends a 0x05 PDU (data-out) with data to be stored on
  disk.
  after processing, the target should send back a 0x21 PDU (scsi
  response). is that correct?

Folkert van Heusden

-- 
----------------------------------------------------------------------
Phone: +31-6-41278122, PGP-key: 1F28D8AE, www.vanheusden.com

---

From: folkert <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 9 Feb 2011 18:38:02 +0100

>   response). is that correct?

Let me elaborate:

I -> T PDU 0x01 (scsi request), opcode 0x2a (WRITE 10)
T -> I PDU 0x21 (scsi response)
more data follows, so
I -> T PDU 0x05 (data out)
T -> I PDU 0x21 (scsi response, for each data out)

Folkert van Heusden

---

From: "Sanjay Goyal" <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 13 Feb 2011 19:50:27 -0800

Response should be sent once, after all the write data ( I assume it is
unsolicited data) is received.

...

-----Original Message-----
From: [email-masked] [mailto:[email-masked]] On Behalf Of
folkert
Sent: Wednesday, February 09, 2011 11:08 PM
To: [email-masked]
Subject: Re: [Ips] iSCSI WRITE (10)

Let me elaborate:

Folkert van Heusden

-- 
----------------------------------------------------------------------
Phone: +31-6-41278122, PGP-key: 1F28D8AE, www.vanheusden.com
_______________________________________________
Ips mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/ips