Subject: [Ipsec] Reading reminder

From: "Theodore Ts'o" <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 11 May 2004 10:16:43 -0400

The IPSEC list has been rather quiet lately.  Hopefully this is because
people have been busy readinig and reviewing the following two
documents:

* draft-ietf-ipsec-rfc2401bis-02.txt
   http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-ietf-ipsec-rfc2401bis-02.txt

* draft-ietf-ipsec-ciph-aes-gcm-00.txt
   http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-ietf-ipsec-ciph-aes-gcm-00.txt

The first is an updated version of RFC-2401 bis document, with the
various changes that have been made in the past two months of
discussion.  Please review it and see if the changes that have been made
meet with your approval.    We are almost done, so now is the time for
folks to make known any additional issues with the document.  

The second is a new crypto algorithm document which Russ Housley has
asked the IPSEC working group to review for publication as a Proposed
Standard.  It provides a combined authentication/encryption AES mode
which apparently has been gaining confidence in the crypto community.

Please read both documents and make any comments to the list.

						- Ted

_______________________________________________
Ipsec mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/ipsec