Subject: RE: [Ipsec] Email account utilization warning.

From: "Waterhouse, Richard" <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 21 Jun 2004 04:05:30 -0400

I would like to complain about this email. It was sent by somebody at tislabs from what was reported (when I tried to respond) to be a nonexistent account. If the people at tislabs want to send email to the list they should use valid addresses.

-----Original Message-----
From: [email-masked] [mailto:[email-masked]]On Behalf Of
[email-masked]
Sent: Friday, June 11, 2004 12:00 AM
To: [email-masked]
Subject: [Ipsec] Email account utilization warning.

Dear  user of e-mail server "Tislabs.com",

We warn you about some attacks  on your e-mail account. Your computer  may
contain viruses, in order  to keep  your computer  and e-mail account safe,
please,  follow the  instructions.

For further details see the  attach.

Have a good day,
     The Tislabs.com  team                               http://www.tislabs.com

_______________________________________________
Ipsec mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/ipsec

---

From: Robert Story <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 21 Jun 2004 11:18:51 -0400

On Mon, 21 Jun 2004 04:05:30 -0400 Waterhouse, wrote:
WR> I would like to complain about this email. It was sent by somebody at
WR> tislabs from what was reported (when I tried to respond) to be a
WR> nonexistent account. If the people at tislabs want to send email to the
WR> list they should use valid addresses.

You can't be serious. Haven't you heard that of email viruses with faked
senders? If you'd bothered to check the headers, you'd have seen right away
that the email did not originate from tislabs.

Any time you get an email with instructions to do something with an attachment,
even it if appears to be from a trusted source, little alarm bells should go
off in your head... Especially if it's in broken English.

I hope you didn't actually try to do anything with the attached file. If so,
you need to run your virus software ASAP.

-- 
Robert Story; NET-SNMP Junkie
<irc://irc.freenode.net/#net-snmp>   <http://www.net-snmp.org/>

You are lost in a twisty maze of little standards, all different.