Subject: [Ipsec] Protocol Action: 'UDP Encapsulation of IPsec Packets' to Proposed Standard

From: The IESG <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 10 Aug 2004 11:42:15 -0400

The IESG has approved the following document:

- 'UDP Encapsulation of IPsec Packets '
   <draft-ietf-ipsec-udp-encaps-09.txt> as a Proposed Standard

This document is the product of the IP Security Protocol Working Group. 

The IESG contact persons are Russ Housley and Steve Bellovin.

Technical Summary

  This protocol specification defines methods to encapsulate and
  decapsulate IPsec Encapsulating Security Payload (ESP) packets inside
  UDP packets for the purpose of traversing Network Address Translators.
  ESP encapsulation can be used in both IPv4 and IPv6.  ESP
  encapsulation is used whenever negotiated by the Internet Key Exchange
  (IKE) protocol.

Working Group Summary

  The IPsec Working Group came to consensus on this document.

Protocol Quality

  This document was reviewed by Russell Housley for the IESG.

_______________________________________________
Ipsec mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/ipsec