Subject: [Ipsec] HTTP question

From: [email-masked]
Date: Wed, 11 Aug 2004 14:29:12 -0400

I'm posting a potentially ignorant question and I apologize in advance.
However, I cannot seem to find any data to support the consideration or
examination of bandwidth consumption when using HTTP vs. OCSP in validating
digital certificates.  Has there been any effort in this area to also
indicate what requirements are subsequently imposed on the end users to
support HTTP vs. OCSP?

Thanks

_______________________________________________
Ipsec mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/ipsec

---

From: "Michael Myers" <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 11 Aug 2004 11:45:15 -0700

Sandi,

Your question is a little bit confusing.  OCSP typically rides over
HTTP.

Mike

-----Original Message-----
From: [email-masked] [mailto:[email-masked]]On Behalf Of
[email-masked]
Sent: Wednesday, August 11, 2004 11:29 AM
To: [email-masked]
Subject: [Ipsec] HTTP question

examination of bandwidth consumption when using HTTP vs. OCSP in
validating

Thanks

---

From: Bill Sommerfeld <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 11 Aug 2004 17:00:01 -0400

> Your question is a little bit confusing.  OCSP typically rides over

I could be wrong but I interpreted the question as OCSP vs CRL
distribution via HTTP..

						- Bill