Subject: RE: [Ipsec] HTTP question

From: "Thomas Gal" <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 11 Aug 2004 12:51:31 -0700

Maybe you mean OCSP versus CRL? They are just 2 different ways of
authenticating network resources using PKI. If that's what your talking
about then CRL uses a lot more bandwidth notionally then OCSP because
the client has to maintain a local list of resource-certificate pairings
that must be updated frequently instead of just querying on an as needed
basis.

T

Thomas Gal
Developer

LumenVox LLC 
3615 Kearny Villa Rd #202
San Diego, CA 92123

[email-masked]
707-0707x135

-----Original Message-----
From: [email-masked] [mailto:[email-masked]] 
Sent: Wednesday, August 11, 2004 11:29 AM
To: [email-masked]
Subject: [Ipsec] HTTP question

I'm posting a potentially ignorant question and I apologize in advance.
However, I cannot seem to find any data to support the consideration or
examination of bandwidth consumption when using HTTP vs. OCSP in
validating digital certificates.  Has there been any effort in this area
to also indicate what requirements are subsequently imposed on the end
users to support HTTP vs. OCSP?

Thanks

_______________________________________________
Ipsec mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/ipsec

_______________________________________________
Ipsec mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/ipsec