Subject: [Ipsec] Delete payloads in IKEv2

From: Jyothi <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 19 Oct 2004 13:48:27 +0530

Hi all,

I would like to know whether delete payloads can come in any exchange 
messages or not.

If delete payloads received in any message other than informational 
exchange,  Should we ignore the payload or should we drop the message???

Can the informational exchange request/response contain the multiple delete 
payloads??

Suppose, the peer did not receive a reply for a keep-alive, then can the 
peer generate an informational exchange with multiple delete payloads 
(corresponding to IKE SA and CHILD SAs)?? In this case we can avoid sending 
multiple informational exchange messages.

Awaiting your responses.

  Thanks in advance,

Jyothi

_______________________________________________
Ipsec mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/ipsec

---

From: "Srinivasa Rao Addepalli" <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 19 Oct 2004 13:19:44 -0700

Subject: [Ipsec] Delete payloads in IKEv2

> exchange,  Should we ignore the payload or should we drop the message???

Most of the discussion in the draft in regards to Delete payload is done in the
context of INFORMATIONAL exchange.  For example, it indicates the recipient 
of Delete payload in INFORMATIONAL exchange normally replies with its
own Delete payloads. 

I feel that, Delete payloads can only be sent in INFORMATIONAL exchange.

If an implementation receives 'Delete payload' as part of any other exchange, I feel
it is better for the implementation to ignore this payload and process rest.
> Can the informational exchange request/response contain the multiple delete 

SRINI> Yes. 
> multiple informational exchange messages.

SRINI> Yes.  One information exchange message can have multiple Delete payload.
One Delete payload can have multiple SPIs.  

> Jyothi

Intoto Inc.
www.intoto.com