Subject: [Ipsec] Protocol Action: 'Cryptographic Algorithm Implementation Requirements for Encapsulating Security Payload (ESP) and Authentication Header (AH)' to Proposed Standard

From: The IESG <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 29 Jan 2007 17:01:15 -0800

The IESG has approved the following document:

- 'Cryptographic Algorithm Implementation Requirements for Encapsulating
    Security Payload (ESP) and Authentication Header (AH) '
    <draft-manral-ipsec-rfc4305-bis-errata-03.txt> as a Proposed Standard

This document has been reviewed in the IETF but is not the product of an
IETF Working Group.

The IESG contact person is Russ Housley.

A URL of this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-manral-ipsec-rfc4305-bis-errata-03.txt

Technical Summary

   To provide security services, the IPsec protocols make use of various
   cryptographic algorithms.  In particular, the Encapsulating Security
   Payload (ESP) and the Authentication Header (AH) protect data that is
   sent over an IPsec Security Association (SA).  To ensure
   interoperability, it is necessary to specify a set of mandatory-to-
   implement algorithms.  This document defines the current set of
   mandatory-to-implement algorithms for ESP and AH, as well as
   specifying algorithms that should be implemented because they may be
   promoted to mandatory at some future time.

Working Group Summary

   This is not part of any Working Group, but the document was discussed
   on the IPsec mail list.

Protocol Quality

   This document was reviewed by Russ Housley for the IESG.

_______________________________________________
Ipsec mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/ipsec