Subject: [IPsec] RFC 6071 on IP Security (IPsec) and Internet Key Exchange (IKE) Document Roadmap

From: [email-masked]
Date: Tue, 8 Feb 2011 11:41:43 -0800 (PST)

A new Request for Comments is now available in online RFC libraries.

        RFC 6071

        Title:      IP Security (IPsec) and Internet 
                    Key Exchange (IKE) Document Roadmap 
        Author:     S. Frankel, S. Krishnan
        Status:     Informational
        Stream:     IETF
        Date:       February 2011
        Mailbox:    [email-masked], 
                    [email-masked]
        Pages:      63
        Characters: 148655
        Obsoletes:  RFC2411

        I-D Tag:    draft-ietf-ipsecme-roadmap-10.txt

        URL:        http://www.rfc-editor.org/rfc/rfc6071.txt

Over the past few years, the number of RFCs that define and use IPsec
and Internet Key Exchange (IKE) has greatly proliferated.  This is
complicated by the fact that these RFCs originate from numerous IETF
working groups: the original IPsec WG, its various spin-offs, and
other WGs that use IPsec and/or IKE to protect their protocols'
traffic.

This document is a snapshot of IPsec- and IKE-related RFCs.  It
includes a brief description of each RFC, along with background
information explaining the motivation and context of IPsec's
outgrowths and extensions.  It obsoletes RFC 2411, the previous 
"IP Security Document Roadmap."

The obsoleted IPsec roadmap (RFC 2411) briefly described the
interrelationship of the various classes of base IPsec documents.
The major focus of RFC 2411 was to specify the recommended contents
of documents specifying additional encryption and authentication
algorithms.  This document is not an Internet Standards Track 
specification; it is published for informational purposes.

This document is a product of the IP Security Maintenance and Extensions Working Group of the IETF.

INFORMATIONAL: This memo provides information for the Internet community.
It does not specify an Internet standard of any kind. Distribution of
this memo is unlimited.

This announcement is sent to the IETF-Announce and rfc-dist lists.
To subscribe or unsubscribe, see
  http://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/ietf-announce
  http://mailman.rfc-editor.org/mailman/listinfo/rfc-dist

For searching the RFC series, see http://www.rfc-editor.org/rfcsearch.html.
For downloading RFCs, see http://www.rfc-editor.org/rfc.html.

Requests for special distribution should be addressed to either the
author of the RFC in question, or to [email-masked].  Unless
specifically noted otherwise on the RFC itself, all RFCs are for
unlimited distribution.

The RFC Editor Team
Association Management Solutions, LLC

---

From: Sean Turner <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 08 Feb 2011 14:43:47 -0500

Congrats to all involved for getting this done.

spt

On 2/8/11 2:41 PM, [email-masked] wrote:
> _______________________________________________
> IPsec mailing list
> [email-masked]
> https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/ipsec
>