Subject: [IPsec] Fwd: RFC 6631 on Password Authenticated Connection Establishment with the Internet Key Exchange Protocol version 2 (IKEv2)

From: Yaron Sheffer <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 18 Jun 2012 09:36:55 +0300

This concludes the current round of IKE-with-passwords proposals: RFC 
6617, 6628 and 6631. All three RFCs are Experimental. I hope we will get 
some market traction behind this idea and will be able to progress one 
of them (or maybe something new) to Standards Track.

	Yaron

-------- Original Message --------
Subject: RFC 6631 on Password Authenticated Connection Establishment 
with the Internet Key Exchange Protocol version 2 (IKEv2)
Date: Sun, 17 Jun 2012 23:25:32 -0700 (PDT)
From: [email-masked]
To: [email-masked], [email-masked]
CC: [email-masked]

A new Request for Comments is now available in online RFC libraries.

         RFC 6631

         Title:      Password Authenticated Connection Establishment with
                     the Internet Key Exchange Protocol version
                     2 (IKEv2)
         Author:     D. Kuegler, Y. Sheffer
         Status:     Experimental
         Stream:     IETF
         Date:       June 2012
         Mailbox:    [email-masked],
                     [email-masked]
         Pages:      26
         Characters: 53353
         Updates/Obsoletes/SeeAlso:   None

         I-D Tag:    draft-kuegler-ipsecme-pace-ikev2-10.txt

         URL:        http://www.rfc-editor.org/rfc/rfc6631.txt

The Internet Key Exchange protocol version 2 (IKEv2) does not allow
secure peer authentication when using short credential strings, i.e.,
passwords.  Several proposals have been made to integrate
password-authentication protocols into IKE.  This document provides an
adaptation of Password Authenticated Connection Establishment (PACE)
to the setting of IKEv2 and demonstrates the advantages of this
integration.  This document defines an Experimental Protocol for the 
Internet
community.

EXPERIMENTAL: This memo defines an Experimental Protocol for the
Internet community.  It does not specify an Internet standard of any
kind. Discussion and suggestions for improvement are requested.
Distribution of this memo is unlimited.

This announcement is sent to the IETF-Announce and rfc-dist lists.
To subscribe or unsubscribe, see
   http://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/ietf-announce
   http://mailman.rfc-editor.org/mailman/listinfo/rfc-dist

For searching the RFC series, see http://www.rfc-editor.org/rfcsearch.html.
For downloading RFCs, see http://www.rfc-editor.org/rfc.html.

Requests for special distribution should be addressed to either the
author of the RFC in question, or to [email-masked].  Unless
specifically noted otherwise on the RFC itself, all RFCs are for
unlimited distribution.

The RFC Editor Team
Association Management Solutions, LLC