Subject: [IPsec] Fwd: New Version Notification for draft-mglt-mif-security-requirements-02.txt

From: Daniel Migault <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 30 Jul 2012 06:59:54 +0200

Please find the new version of IPsec security requirements with Multiple
Interfaces.

Comments and suggestions are welcome

BR

Daniel

---------- Forwarded message ----------
From: <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, Jul 30, 2012 at 6:50 AM
Subject: New Version Notification for
draft-mglt-mif-security-requirements-02.txt
To: [email-masked]
Cc: [email-masked]

A new version of I-D, draft-mglt-mif-security-requirements-02.txt
has been successfully submitted by Daniel Migault and posted to the
IETF repository.

Filename:        draft-mglt-mif-security-requirements
Revision:        02
Title:           IPsec Multiple Interfaces Requirements
Creation date:   2012-07-30
WG ID:           Individual Submission
Number of pages: 16
URL:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-mglt-mif-security-requirements-02.txt
Status:
http://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-mglt-mif-security-requirements
Htmlized:
http://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-mglt-mif-security-requirements-02
Diff:
http://tools.ietf.org/rfcdiff?url2=draft-mglt-mif-security-requirements-02

Abstract:
   Multiple Interface Nodes (MIF Nodes) may use their Multiple
   Interfaces to perform Mobility, Multihoming.  Then, these MIF Nodes
   may also manage traffic between these Multiple Interfaces.  Because
   IPsec has not been designed for Multiple Interfaces, MIF Nodes have
   difficulties to benefit from MIF features with IPsec protected
   communications.

   This document provides use cases where IPsec protected communications
   would take advantage of MIF features.  From these uses cases, we
   identify the different IPsec features MIF Nodes would require.  Then,
   we expose the limitations of the IPsec related protocols IKEv2 and
   MOBIKE regarding to these MIF features before listing the MIF IPsec
   Security Requirements that should be address by a extension of IKEv2
   or MOBIKE.

The IETF Secretariat

-- 
Daniel Migault
Orange Labs -- Security
+33 6 70 72 69 58