Subject: [IPsec] RFC 6989 on Additional Diffie-Hellman Tests for the Internet Key Exchange Protocol Version 2 (IKEv2)

From: [email-masked]
Date: Thu, 25 Jul 2013 08:20:56 -0700 (PDT)

A new Request for Comments is now available in online RFC libraries.

        RFC 6989

        Title:      Additional Diffie-Hellman Tests for the 
                    Internet Key Exchange Protocol Version 2 (IKEv2) 
        Author:     Y. Sheffer, S. Fluhrer
        Status:     Standards Track
        Stream:     IETF
        Date:       July 2013
        Mailbox:    [email-masked], 
                    [email-masked]
        Pages:      10
        Characters: 21099
        Updates:    RFC5996

        I-D Tag:    draft-ietf-ipsecme-dh-checks-05.txt

        URL:        http://www.rfc-editor.org/rfc/rfc6989.txt

This document adds a small number of mandatory tests required for the
secure operation of the Internet Key Exchange Protocol version 2
(IKEv2) with elliptic curve groups.  No change is required to IKE
implementations that use modular exponential groups, other than a few
rarely used so-called Digital Signature Algorithm (DSA) groups.  This
document updates the IKEv2 protocol, RFC 5996.

This document is a product of the IP Security Maintenance and Extensions Working Group of the IETF.

This is now a Proposed Standard.

STANDARDS TRACK: This document specifies an Internet standards track
protocol for the Internet community,and requests discussion and suggestions
for improvements.  Please refer to the current edition of the Internet
Official Protocol Standards (STD 1) for the standardization state and
status of this protocol.  Distribution of this memo is unlimited.

This announcement is sent to the IETF-Announce and rfc-dist lists.
To subscribe or unsubscribe, see
  http://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/ietf-announce
  http://mailman.rfc-editor.org/mailman/listinfo/rfc-dist

For searching the RFC series, see http://www.rfc-editor.org/search/rfc_search.php
For downloading RFCs, see http://www.rfc-editor.org/rfc.html

Requests for special distribution should be addressed to either the
author of the RFC in question, or to [email-masked].  Unless
specifically noted otherwise on the RFC itself, all RFCs are for
unlimited distribution.

The RFC Editor Team
Association Management Solutions, LLC