Subject: [IPsec] [Errata Rejected] RFC5996 (3718)

From: RFC Errata System <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 3 Jun 2014 06:25:26 -0700 (PDT)

The following errata report has been rejected for RFC5996,
"Internet Key Exchange Protocol Version 2 (IKEv2)".

--------------------------------------
You may review the report below and at:
http://www.rfc-editor.org/errata_search.php?rfc=5996&eid=3718

--------------------------------------
Status: Rejected
Type: Technical

Reported by: Gerald Smith <[email-masked]>
Date Reported: 2013-09-04
Rejected by: Stephen Farrell (IESG)

Section: 3.15.3

Original Text
-------------
A client can be assigned an IPv6 address using the
INTERNAL_IP6_ADDRESS Configuration payload. A minimal exchange might
look like this:

CP(CFG_REQUEST) =
INTERNAL_IP6_ADDRESS()
INTERNAL_IP6_DNS()
TSi = (0, 0-65535, :: - FFFF:FFFF:FFFF:FFFF:FFFF:FFFF:FFFF:FFFF)
TSr = (0, 0-65535, :: - FFFF:FFFF:FFFF:FFFF:FFFF:FFFF:FFFF:FFFF)

CP(CFG_REPLY) =
INTERNAL_IP6_ADDRESS(2001:DB8:0:1:2:3:4:5/64)
INTERNAL_IP6_DNS(2001:DB8:99:88:77:66:55:44)
TSi = (0, 0-65535, 2001:DB8:0:1:2:3:4:5 - 2001:DB8:0:1:2:3:4:5)
TSr = (0, 0-65535, :: - FFFF:FFFF:FFFF:FFFF:FFFF:FFFF:FFFF:FFFF)

Corrected Text
--------------
CP(CFG_REPLY) =
INTERNAL_IP6_ADDRESS(2001:DB8:0:1:2:3:4:5/64)
INTERNAL_IP6_DNS(2001:DB8:99:88:77:66:55:44)
TSi = (0, 0-65535, 2001:DB8:0:1:2:3:4:5 - 2001:DB8:0:1:2:3:4:5)
TSr = (0, 0-65535, 2001:DB8:0:1:: - 2001:DB8:0:1:FFFF:FFFF:FFFF:FFFF)

Notes
-----
The INTERNAL_IP6_ADDRESS returned in the CFG_REPLY is a 64 bit subnet, but the TSr returned in the CFG_REPLY shows a 0 bit subnet instead of the 64 bit subnet.

Kathleen told me to reject this! (Based on ipsecme list discussion.)
 --VERIFIER NOTES-- 
Kathleen told me to!

--------------------------------------
RFC5996 (draft-ietf-ipsecme-ikev2bis-11)
--------------------------------------
Title               : Internet Key Exchange Protocol Version 2 (IKEv2)
Publication Date    : September 2010
Author(s)           : C. Kaufman, P. Hoffman, Y. Nir, P. Eronen
Category            : PROPOSED STANDARD
Source              : IP Security Maintenance and Extensions
Area                : Security
Stream              : IETF
Verifying Party     : IESG