Subject: [IPsec] Fwd: RFC 7321 on Cryptographic Algorithm Implementation Requirements and Usage Guidance for Encapsulating Security Payload (ESP) and Authentication Header (AH)

From: Yaron Sheffer <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 22 Aug 2014 22:26:33 +0300

-------- Forwarded Message --------
Subject: RFC 7321 on Cryptographic Algorithm Implementation Requirements 
and Usage Guidance for Encapsulating Security Payload (ESP) and 
Authentication Header (AH)
Date: Fri, 22 Aug 2014 10:43:38 -0700 (PDT)
From: [email-masked]
Reply-To: [email-masked]
To: [email-masked], [email-masked]
CC: [email-masked], [email-masked]

A new Request for Comments is now available in online RFC libraries.

         RFC 7321

         Title:      Cryptographic Algorithm Implementation
                     Requirements and Usage Guidance for
                     Encapsulating Security Payload (ESP) and
                     Authentication Header (AH)
         Author:     D. McGrew, P. Hoffman
         Status:     Standards Track
         Stream:     IETF
         Date:       August 2014
         Mailbox:    [email-masked],
                     [email-masked]
         Pages:      11
         Characters: 25724
         Obsoletes:  RFC 4835

         I-D Tag:    draft-ietf-ipsecme-esp-ah-reqts-10.txt

         URL:        https://www.rfc-editor.org/rfc/rfc7321.txt

This document updates the Cryptographic Algorithm Implementation
Requirements for the Encapsulating Security Payload (ESP) and
Authentication Header (AH).  It also adds usage guidance to help in
the selection of these algorithms.

ESP and AH protocols make use of various cryptographic algorithms to
provide confidentiality and/or data origin authentication to
protected data communications in the IP Security (IPsec)
architecture.  To ensure interoperability between disparate
implementations, the IPsec standard specifies a set of mandatory-to-
implement algorithms.  This document specifies the current set of
mandatory-to-implement algorithms for ESP and AH, specifies
algorithms that should be implemented because they may be promoted to
mandatory at some future time, and also recommends against the
implementation of some obsolete algorithms.  Usage guidance is also
provided to help the user of ESP and AH best achieve their security
goals through appropriate choices of cryptographic algorithms.

This document is a product of the IP Security Maintenance and Extensions 
Working Group of the IETF.

This is now a Proposed Standard.

STANDARDS TRACK: This document specifies an Internet Standards Track
protocol for the Internet community, and requests discussion and suggestions
for improvements.  Please refer to the current edition of the Official
Internet Protocol Standards (https://www.rfc-editor.org/standards) for the
standardization state and status of this protocol.  Distribution of this
memo is unlimited.

This announcement is sent to the IETF-Announce and rfc-dist lists.
To subscribe or unsubscribe, see
   https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/ietf-announce
   https://mailman.rfc-editor.org/mailman/listinfo/rfc-dist

For searching the RFC series, see https://www.rfc-editor.org/search
For downloading RFCs, see https://www.rfc-editor.org/rfc.html

Requests for special distribution should be addressed to either the
author of the RFC in question, or to [email-masked].  Unless
specifically noted otherwise on the RFC itself, all RFCs are for
unlimited distribution.

The RFC Editor Team
Association Management Solutions, LLC