Subject: [IPsec] I-D Action: draft-ietf-ipsecme-rfc4307bis-07.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Thu, 07 Apr 2016 13:31:27 -0700

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.
This draft is a work item of the IP Security Maintenance and Extensions of the IETF.

        Title           : Algorithm Implementation Requirements and Usage Guidance for IKEv2
        Authors         : Yoav Nir
                          Tero Kivinen
                          Paul Wouters
                          Daniel Migault
	Filename        : draft-ietf-ipsecme-rfc4307bis-07.txt
	Pages           : 16
	Date            : 2016-04-07

Abstract:
   The IPsec series of protocols makes use of various cryptographic
   algorithms in order to provide security services.  The Internet Key
   Exchange (IKE) protocol is used to negotiate the IPsec Security
   Association (IPsec SA) parameters, such as which algorithms should be
   used.  To ensure interoperability between different implementations,
   it is necessary to specify a set of algorithm implementation
   requirements and usage guidance to ensure that there is at least one
   algorithm that all implementations support.  This document defines
   the current algorithm implementation requirements and usage guidance
   for IKEv2.  This document does not update the algorithms used for
   packet encryption using IPsec Encapsulated Security Payload (ESP).

The IETF datatracker status page for this draft is:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-ipsecme-rfc4307bis/

There's also a htmlized version available at:
https://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-ietf-ipsecme-rfc4307bis-07

A diff from the previous version is available at:
https://www.ietf.org/rfcdiff?url2=draft-ietf-ipsecme-rfc4307bis-07

Please note that it may take a couple of minutes from the time of submission
until the htmlized version and diff are available at tools.ietf.org.

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/

---

From: Paul Wouters <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 7 Apr 2016 16:37:27 -0400 (EDT)

> https://www.ietf.org/rfcdiff?url2=draft-ietf-ipsecme-rfc4307bis-07

This update has two changes:

- Remove the MAY entries from the Recommendation of Authentication Method
   table.
- Change 256 bit key size for encryption from MAY to SHOULD.

It also seems to have some style changes, like re-introducing numbered
tables, which were lost on the previous run. Perhaps Tero needs to
update his xml2rfc tool :)

With these changes, I believe the document is ready for WGLC.

Paul

---

From: Tommy Pauly <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 08 Apr 2016 10:24:30 -0300

This version looks good to me! Seems ready for WGLC.

—Tommy

> On Apr 7, 2016, at 5:37 PM, Paul Wouters <[email-masked]> wrote:
> 
> _______________________________________________
> IPsec mailing list
> [email-masked]
> https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/ipsec