Subject: [IPsec] Some comments to the draft-ietf-ipsecme-safecurves-01

From: Tero Kivinen <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 29 Jul 2016 16:59:50 +0300

I was checking this document to see if it is ready for WGLC, and here
are some nits I found:

In the introduction there is text like :

    [RFCxxx] describes two elliptic curves...

where [RFCxxx] is the reference. I would be better to rewrite this in
form of:

   The "Elliptic Curves for Security" document [RFCxxxx] describes two
   elliptic curves.

I.e., make the text understandable for even those who do not remember
which RFC number matchi which document.

--

Also change "xx" and "yy" to TBA1 and TBA2 in section 3, and remove
the "Both are TBA by IANA" at the end of that section, this will be
part of the IANA Considerations section.

--

Also to same change in 3.1.

--

For the IANA considerations section it is better to put also the table
format of the allocations, and exactly specify the registry. Registry
is "Transform Type 4 - Diffie-Hellman Group Transform IDs" registry of
the "Internet Key Exchange Version 2 (IKEv2) Parameters", and the
entries will look like this:

  Number   Name          Recipient Tests	Reference
  ------   ----		 ---------------        ---------
  TBA1	   Curve25519	 [RFCxxxx], Sec 3.2	[RFCxxxx]
  TBA2	   Curve448	 [RFCxxxx], Sec 3.2	[RFCxxxx]

--

It would be really good to have appendix with test vectors and example
payloads.

--

I think the current document is good enough to start WGLC, but as it
is going to expire in 5 days, I think it would be better to get new
version out and start WGLC after that.
-- 
[email-masked]