Subject: [IPsec] Alissa Cooper's No Objection on charter-ietf-ipsecme-10-00: (with COMMENT)

From: "Alissa Cooper" <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 31 Aug 2016 12:36:40 -0700

Alissa Cooper has entered the following ballot position for
charter-ietf-ipsecme-10-00: No Objection

When responding, please keep the subject line intact and reply to all
email addresses included in the To and CC lines. (Feel free to cut this
introductory paragraph, however.)

The document, along with other ballot positions, can be found here:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/charter-ietf-ipsecme/

----------------------------------------------------------------------
COMMENT:
----------------------------------------------------------------------

This seems like a lot of documents for a 16-month window based on this
group's past publication rate. Good to be ambitious, but I'm just
wondering how realistic this is.

---

From: "Mirja Kuehlewind (IETF)" <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 1 Sep 2016 00:05:03 +0200

That’s actually a good point that I forgot to mention as well. Actually my question is, why is this limited needed at all?

> Am 31.08.2016 um 21:36 schrieb Alissa Cooper <[email-masked]>:
>

---

From: Kathleen Moriarty <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 31 Aug 2016 21:39:05 -0400

> That’s actually a good point that I forgot to mention as well. Actually my question is, why is this limited needed at all?

The WG has had this in their charter for some time.  The previous
chairs with the WG have wanted to keep a window set since this is a
maintenance WG as a way to prevent it from living on beyond it's
usefulness.  They believe that it's okay to shutdown the WG if it
dwindles and would like to have ways to determine if that is
necessary.  They are also fine with a temporary closing to then reopen
as another follow on effort.  This is a follow on WG itself after the
original WG responsible for IPsec had closed for a few years.

>> https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/charter-ietf-ipsecme/

Yes, it's ambitious.  I'll leave that to the chairs to respond.  In
the past they have tried to keep the date to a reasonable one to
complete work or to close if the WG became too inactive since it's
along-standing one.  It has gotten some new life recently, so I don't
expect this WG to close too soon.

-- 

Best regards,
Kathleen