Subject: [IPsec] Alexey Melnikov's No Objection on draft-ietf-ipsecme-tcp-encaps-09: (with COMMENT)

From: Alexey Melnikov <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 26 Apr 2017 08:19:18 -0700

Alexey Melnikov has entered the following ballot position for
draft-ietf-ipsecme-tcp-encaps-09: No Objection

When responding, please keep the subject line intact and reply to all
email addresses included in the To and CC lines. (Feel free to cut this
introductory paragraph, however.)

Please refer to https://www.ietf.org/iesg/statement/discuss-criteria.html
for more information about IESG DISCUSS and COMMENT positions.

The document, along with other ballot positions, can be found here:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-ipsecme-tcp-encaps/

----------------------------------------------------------------------
COMMENT:
----------------------------------------------------------------------

2.  Configuration

   o  Optionally, an extra framing protocol to use on top of TCP to
      further encapsulate the stream of IKE and IPsec packets.  See
      Appendix A for a detailed discussion.

As Appendix A just talks about TLS, why not say this here explicitly? The
sentence above make it sound like this
is something outside of scope for the document and Appendix A talks about
generic way to encapsulate.