Subject: [IPsec] I-D Action: draft-fluhrer-qr-ikev2-04.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Wed, 19 Apr 2017 11:49:09 -0700

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.
This draft is a work item of the IP Security Maintenance and Extensions of the IETF.

        Title           : Postquantum Preshared Keys for IKEv2
        Authors         : Scott Fluhrer
                          David McGrew
                          Panos Kampanakis
	Filename        : draft-fluhrer-qr-ikev2-04.txt
	Pages           : 11
	Date            : 2017-04-19

Abstract:
   The possibility of quantum computers pose a serious challenge to
   cryptography algorithms widely today.  IKEv2 is one example of a
   cryptosystem that could be broken; someone storing VPN communications
   today could decrypt them at a later time when a quantum computer is
   available.  It is anticipated that IKEv2 will be extended to support
   quantum secure key exchange algorithms; however that is not likely to
   happen in the near term.  To address this problem before then, this
   document describes an extension of IKEv2 to allow it to be resistant
   to a Quantum Computer, by using preshared keys.

The IETF datatracker status page for this draft is:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-fluhrer-qr-ikev2/

There are also htmlized versions available at:
https://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-fluhrer-qr-ikev2-04
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/html/draft-fluhrer-qr-ikev2-04

A diff from the previous version is available at:
https://www.ietf.org/rfcdiff?url2=draft-fluhrer-qr-ikev2-04

Please note that it may take a couple of minutes from the time of submission
until the htmlized version and diff are available at tools.ietf.org.

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/