Subject: [IPsec] Protocol Action: 'Algorithm Implementation Requirements and Usage Guidance for IKEv2' to Proposed Standard (draft-ietf-ipsecme-rfc4307bis-18.txt)

From: The IESG <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 17 Jul 2017 08:26:48 -0700

The IESG has approved the following document:
- 'Algorithm Implementation Requirements and Usage Guidance for IKEv2'
  (draft-ietf-ipsecme-rfc4307bis-18.txt) as Proposed Standard

This document is the product of the IP Security Maintenance and Extensions
Working Group.

The IESG contact persons are Kathleen Moriarty and Eric Rescorla.

A URL of this Internet Draft is:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-ipsecme-rfc4307bis/

Technical Summary

The IPsec series of protocols makes use of various cryptographic algorithms
in order to provide security services.  The Internet Key Exchange (IKE) protocol
is used to negotiate the IPsec Security Association (IPsec SA) parameters, such 
as which algorithms should be used.  To ensure interoperability between different 
implementations, it is necessary to specify a set of algorithm implementation 
requirements and usage guidance to ensure that there is at least one algorithm 
that all implementations support. 

Working Group Summary

   The draft has WG consensus, no concerns to note.

Document Quality

The document has support of vendors for their implementations.

Personnel

The Document Shepherd is David Waltermire. 
The responsible Area Director is Eric Rescorla. 

   - No change in the Designated Expert for this existing registry.  
     Note here as a result of shepherd report to avoid confusion.

IANA Note

   This document renames some of the names in the "Transform Type 1 -
   Encryption Algorithm Transform IDs" registry of the "Internet Key
   Exchange Version 2 (IKEv2) Parameters".