Subject: [IPsec] I-D Action: draft-ietf-ipsecme-qr-ikev2-00.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Thu, 19 Oct 2017 14:59:37 -0700

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.
This draft is a work item of the IP Security Maintenance and Extensions WG of the IETF.

        Title           : Postquantum Preshared Keys for IKEv2
        Authors         : Scott Fluhrer
                          David McGrew
                          Panos Kampanakis
                          Valery Smyslov
	Filename        : draft-ietf-ipsecme-qr-ikev2-00.txt
	Pages           : 16
	Date            : 2017-10-16

Abstract:
   The possibility of Quantum Computers pose a serious challenge to
   cryptography algorithms deployed widely today.  IKEv2 is one example
   of a cryptosystem that could be broken; someone storing VPN
   communications today could decrypt them at a later time when a
   Quantum Computer is available.  It is anticipated that IKEv2 will be
   extended to support quantum secure key exchange algorithms; however
   that is not likely to happen in the near term.  To address this
   problem before then, this document describes an extension of IKEv2 to
   allow it to be resistant to a Quantum Computer, by using preshared
   keys.

The IETF datatracker status page for this draft is:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-ipsecme-qr-ikev2/

There are also htmlized versions available at:
https://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-ietf-ipsecme-qr-ikev2-00
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/html/draft-ietf-ipsecme-qr-ikev2-00

Please note that it may take a couple of minutes from the time of submission
until the htmlized version and diff are available at tools.ietf.org.

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/

---

From: Paul Wouters <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 19 Oct 2017 19:47:53 -0400

Did it not get marked as replacing the fluhrer draft ? Now there is no diff available. Can that still be fixed?

Sent from my iPhone

> On Oct 19, 2017, at 17:59, [email-masked] wrote:
> 
> 
> _______________________________________________
> IPsec mailing list
> [email-masked]
> https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/ipsec

---

From: "Panos Kampanakis (pkampana)" <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 20 Oct 2017 02:06:29 +0000

Hi Paul,

This draft merges all suggestions and addresses all issues brought up for the previously draft-fluhrer-qr-ikev2 draft. It includes many changes for readability and some new insightful Security Considerations. It does include the optional  NO_PPK_AUTH Valery brought up to solve the cases where a PPK_ID is not  configured for a responder. For more details Check out the -05 changes in the Changes section. 

We think it is more complete now and closer to finalization. 

Further feedback appreciated.

Rgs, 
Panos

-----Original Message-----
From: IPsec [mailto:[email-masked]] On Behalf Of Paul Wouters
Sent: Thursday, October 19, 2017 7:48 PM
To: [email-masked]
Subject: Re: [IPsec] I-D Action: draft-ietf-ipsecme-qr-ikev2-00.txt

Sent from my iPhone

> Please note that it may take a couple of minutes from the time of 
> submission until the htmlized version and diff are available at tools.ietf.org.
>

---

From: Tero Kivinen <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 23 Oct 2017 17:46:23 +0300

Paul Wouters writes:
> Did it not get marked as replacing the fluhrer draft ? Now there is
> no diff available. Can that still be fixed? 

Not automatically, and I was in progress of doing that, but it took me
few minutes to find out how to do it properly... It should be marked
as replacing it now.
-- 
[email-masked]