Subject: [IPsec] I-D Action: draft-ietf-ipsecme-implicit-iv-00.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Mon, 27 Nov 2017 07:32:54 -0800

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.
This draft is a work item of the IP Security Maintenance and Extensions WG of the IETF.

        Title           : Implicit IV for Counter-based Ciphers in Encapsulating Security Payload (ESP)
        Authors         : Daniel Migault
                          Tobias Guggemos
                          Yoav Nir
	Filename        : draft-ietf-ipsecme-implicit-iv-00.txt
	Pages           : 7
	Date            : 2017-11-18

Abstract:
   Encapsulating Security Payload (ESP) sends an initialization vector
   (IV) or nonce in each packet.  The size of IV depends on the applied
   transform, being usually 8 or 16 octets for the transforms defined by
   the time this document is written.  Some algorithms such as AES-GCM,
   AES-CCM, AES-CTR and ChaCha20-Poly1305 require a unique nonce but do
   not require an unpredictable nonce.  When using such algorithms the
   packet counter value can be used to generate a nonce.  This avoids
   sending the nonce itself, and savec in the case of AES-GCM, AES-CCM,
   AES-CTR and ChaCha20-Poly1305 8 octets per packet.  This document
   describes how to do this.

The IETF datatracker status page for this draft is:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-ipsecme-implicit-iv/

There are also htmlized versions available at:
https://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-ietf-ipsecme-implicit-iv-00
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/html/draft-ietf-ipsecme-implicit-iv-00

Please note that it may take a couple of minutes from the time of submission
until the htmlized version and diff are available at tools.ietf.org.

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/