Subject: [IPTEL] TRIP for gateway registrations

From: S_S_Dinesh/India/[email-masked]
Date: Mon, 8 May 2000 14:10:32 +0530

Folks,

Every once in a while, the question comes up of why SIP REGISTER is not
the right vehicle for allowing gateways to register phone prefixes with
a proxy. I believe TRIP is far better for this purpose. As it turns out,
a small subset of TRIP is needed to solve this problem, and yet its
still interoperable with full blown TRIP. Hussein Salama and I have
written an I-D that discusses this. Until it appears in the archives,
you can pick up a copy at:

http://www.cs.columbia.edu/~jdrosen/papers/draft-rs-trip-gw-00.txt

Thanks,
Jonathan R.
--
Jonathan D. Rosenberg                       200 Executive Drive
Chief Scientist                             Suite 120
dynamicsoft                                 West Orange, NJ 07052
[email-masked]                     FAX:   (732) 741-4778
http://www.cs.columbia.edu/~jdrosen         PHONE: (732) 741-7244
http://www.dynamicsoft.com

_______________________________________________
IPTEL mailing list
[email-masked]
http://lists.bell-labs.com/mailman/listinfo/iptel