Subject: [IPTEL] (no subject)

From: S_S_Dinesh/India/[email-masked]
Date: Mon, 8 May 2000 05:58:16 -0400

au1.ibm.com;
cc: [email-masked]
Message-ID: <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 8 May 2000 14:10:05 +0530
Subject: I-D ACTION:draft-ietf-iptel-trip-01.txt
Mime-Version: 1.0
Content-type: text/plain; charset=us-ascii
Content-Disposition: inline

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts
directories.
This draft is a work item of the IP Telephony Working Group of the IETF.

     Title          : Telephony Routing over IP (TRIP)
     Author(s) : J. Rosenberg, H. Salama, M. Squire
     Filename  : draft-ietf-iptel-trip-01.txt
     Pages          : 62
     Date      : 21-Jan-00

This document presents the Telephony Routing over IP (TRIP).  TRIP
is a policy driven inter-administrative domain protocol for
advertising the reachability of telephony destinations between
location servers, and for advertising attributes of the routes to
those destinations.  TRIP's operation is independent of any
signaling protocol, hence TRIP can serve as the telephony routing
protocol for any signaling protocol.
The Border Gateway Protocol (BGP-4) is used to distribute routing
information between administrative domains. TRIP is used to
distribute telephony routing information between telephony
administrative domains. The similarity between the two protocols is
obvious, and hence TRIP is modeled after BGP-4.

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-ietf-iptel-trip-01.txt

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP. Login with the
username
"anonymous" and a password of your e-mail address. After logging in,
type "cd internet-drafts" and then
     "get draft-ietf-iptel-trip-01.txt".

A list of Internet-Drafts directories can be found in
http://www.ietf.org/shadow.html
or ftp://ftp.ietf.org/ietf/1shadow-sites.txt

Internet-Drafts can also be obtained by e-mail.

Send a message to:
     [email-masked].
In the body type:
     "FILE /internet-drafts/draft-ietf-iptel-trip-01.txt".

NOTE:     The mail server at ietf.org can return the document in
     MIME-encoded form by using the "mpack" utility.  To use this
     feature, insert the command "ENCODING mime" before the "FILE"
     command.  To decode the response(s), you will need "munpack" or
     a MIME-compliant mail reader.  Different MIME-compliant mail readers
     exhibit different behavior, especially when dealing with
     "multipart" MIME messages (i.e. documents which have been split
     up into multiple messages), so check your local documentation on
     how to manipulate these messages.

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant mail reader
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version of the
Internet-Draft.

mailto:[email-masked]
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-ietf-iptel-trip-01.txt

_______________________________________________
IPTEL mailing list
[email-masked]
http://lists.bell-labs.com/mailman/listinfo/iptel