Subject: [IPTEL] draft-ietf-cpl-01 the DTD

From: "Shantala Manchenahally" <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 22 Jun 2000 09:58:54 -0500

Hi,

I need a few clarifications regarding the timezone element. 

The timezone element as described in the text seems to be

	<!ELEMENT timezone ( standard, daylight? )+ > 

rather than

	<!ELEMENT timezone ( standard, daylight? ) >

in the draft's DTD.

My understanding is that the standard and daylight element(if present) have
to occur as a pair with atmost one occurence for a  particular year and
timezone. The DTD, however, does allow the possibility of defining more than
one set of  (standard & daylight) per year per timezone. Is this required ?

Also the entity ZoneParams has  attribute 'offset' missing from the
attribute list in the DTD. 

Thanks,
Shantala.

---

From: James Undery <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 22 Jun 2000 16:18:43 +0000 (GMT)

> 	<!ELEMENT timezone ( standard, daylight? )+ > 

This is stricter than my version and doesn't allow a universal 'standard'
with 'daylight' different for different years. 

> one set of  (standard & daylight) per year per timezone. Is this required ?

Your version doesn't provide that, your reading should be expressed as

	<!ELEMENT timezone ( standard | ( standard, daylight)+ ) >

obviously some semantics are lost here.

> attribute list in the DTD. 

not in 01

James Undery

_______________________________________________
IPTEL mailing list
[email-masked]
http://lists.bell-labs.com/mailman/listinfo/iptel