Subject: [IPTEL] h.245 logical channel conflict resolution

From: "Lesley Scott" <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 14 Jun 2000 17:50:16 +0100

Hi,

I'm looking for some input into the area of conflict resolution with
unidirectional logical channel signalling procedures.  My understanding of
the H.245 specification is that the master terminal is expected to recognize
conflicts between simultaneous open logical channel requests.  If the master
receives an open logical channel request from the slave which it determines
to be incompatible with an open logical channel request that it has sent, it
must reject the request from the slave.  This being the case, when an
OpenLogicalChannelReject is received by the slave terminal, how should it
respond ???  Should it reattempt to open a logical channel that is
compatible ??  The H.245 spec doesn't seem to address this.

I hope someone can help me to clarify this somewhat shady area.

thanks in advance
Lesley Scott
Aculab plc

_______________________________________________
IPTEL mailing list
[email-masked]
http://lists.bell-labs.com/mailman/listinfo/iptel

---

From: Ron Traficante <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 20 Jun 2000 17:25:40 -0700

May have an answer to this - would be interested in any other input though:

Referencing H.245 (February 6, 1998) - it appears that when the slave sends
out the OpenLogicalChannel, it then goes into the Awaiting Establishment
state - (refer to Figure 10 in section 8.4.2.5.)  Upon receipt of the
OpenLogicalChannelRej - the slave should reset T103, send a Release
Indication to the protocol user, and go into the Released state (Figure 13
section 8.4.4.5).  At this point, it appears from figure 10 that it is
"legal" from the H.245 protocol standpoint to reenter the awaiting
establishment state, which would imply that the protocol user has the option
to resend another OpenLogicalChannel.

-----Original Message-----
From: Lesley Scott [mailto:[email-masked]]
Sent: Wednesday, June 14, 2000 9:50 AM
To: [email-masked]
Subject: [IPTEL] h.245 logical channel conflict resolution

Hi,

thanks in advance
Lesley Scott
Aculab plc