Subject: RE: [IPTEL] RFC 2871 on TRIP Framework

From: James Yu <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 6 Jul 2000 09:19:51 -0500

Jonathan, Henning,

A few comments on Section 11, "Number Translations":

- 1st paragraph, 3rd line: change "telephone" to "phone" for consistency.

- 2nd paragraph, 1st line: change "don't represent GSTN terminals" to "don't
indicate the physical locations of the associated GSTN terminals."

- 2nd paragraph, 3rd line: change "LNP numbers" to "ported phone numbers"
and refer to draft-foster-e164-gstn-np-01.txt (July 2000).

- 2nd paragraph, 4th line: change "routable telephone numbers" to "routable
numbers."  Those are the "network routing numbers" in the number portability
(NP) environment.  You may want to add that a freephone number can be mapped
to a POTS number (or subscriber phone number), and then be mapped again to a
routable number when NP is involved.  You may also want to add that the
subscriber phone numbers are routable numbers when NP is not involved.

James

_______________________________________________
IPTEL mailing list
[email-masked]
http://lists.bell-labs.com/mailman/listinfo/iptel

---

From: Jonathan Rosenberg <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 06 Jul 2000 11:29:27 -0400

Well, this just issued as rfc2871, which means that the time has past
for changes. RFCs cannot be changed. Comments on documents must made
before they go to rfc. 

-Jonathan R.

-- 
Jonathan D. Rosenberg                       72 Eagle Rock Ave.
Chief Scientist                             First Floor
dynamicsoft                                 East Hanover, NJ 07936
[email-masked]                     FAX:   (973) 952-5050
http://www.cs.columbia.edu/~jdrosen         PHONE: (732) 741-7244
http://www.dynamicsoft.com