Subject: [IPTEL] Call for Papers of ICATM01

From: [email-masked]
Date: Wed, 05 Jul 2000 15:08:59 +0200

Please feel free to circulate this following preliminary program of
ICATM01 to interested colleagues (see
http://iutsun1.colmar.uha.fr/ICATM01.html for more information). 

Accept our sincere apologies if you receive multiple copies.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

<center><bold>Preliminary Call For Papers  

Conference on Intelligent Networks, IP over ATM and Quality of Services 

Joint 4th International Conference on ATM and High Speed Internet

(ICATM'01) 

April 23-25, 2001 

Olympic Parktel, Seoul, Korea

</bold></center> 

GENERAL INFORMATION 

The 2001 IEEE International Conference on ATM (ICATM'01) is sponsored by
the IEEE, IEE and WSES. ICATM'01 is organized by academic, research and
industrial societies will be held at Olympic Parktel, Seoul,
http://metro.seoul.kr , Korea, from Monday April 23, 2001 to Wednesday
April 25, 2001 plus Tutorials on Sunday April 22, 2001. The Olympic Park
is situated at the city of Seoul where the Olympic game was helid in
1988, about 20 km(14 miles) north-east of KIMPO International Airport.
Seoul, the metropolitan captical of Korea located almost in the center of
the Korean peninsula, has been the hub of the nation's politics, economy,
culture and transportation. Seoul covers a total of about 600km2, with a
population of more than 10 million. Just a few steps from many hotels in
the downtown is Toksugung Palace, Ch'angdokkung Palace, Piwon, the Secret
Garden, and much more historical/cultural sites to visit. Seoul hosts a
variety of symphony concerts, operas, and recitals by local and visiting
musicians. The Seoul Arts Center in the southern part of Seoul, the
Sejong Cultural Center, located on the main thoroughfare in downtown
Seoul, the National Theatre in Namsan Park, and the Hoam Art Hall near
the City Hall offer a wide range of cultural programs and performances.
There are few cities in the world where the ultra-modern and the ancient
exist side by side in such perfect harmony. Today, Seoul is a teeming
metropolis with many first-class Western-style hotels. English is spoken
at many shops, bars, and restaurants.

For traveling major cities of Korea; by Air, there are two domestic
Airlines: KAL(=Korean Air), http://www.koreanair.com and Asiana Airline,
http://www.asiana.co.kr .

Most of major cities can be reached within an hour by Air. 

By Rail, there are three type trains: Tong-il (twice per day), Mugunghwa
(four times per day) and Saemaul (twice per day). The Saemaul train is
the fastest one and takes you major cities within 5 hour 30 minutes time
from SEOUL and the Mugunghwa would take about 6-hour time frame to reach
at any cities. We do not recommend Tong-il train since it is a slow train
which stops at each local areas. Many major cities are all within a day's
reach. One can learn more about Seoul in the Website,
http://metro.seoul.kr and apersonal prestige, but innate place, That is
Seoul, the center of the Korean peninsula. We salute you all. 

In order to encourage closer interaction between academic and industrial
ATM research communities, we solicit both academic research papers and
industrial contributions. 

TOPICS OF SPECIAL INTEREST 

Topics of interest include, but are not limited to the following: 

Traffic models 

LAN Emulation 

IP over ATM, IPv6 over ATM 

VLANs 

High-Speed Routing 

I-PNNI, NHRP 

Java, Tina, Corba architectures 

Interconnection 

Network Management, performance 

CTI (Computer Telephony Integration) 

Multicast ATM and Internet/Intranet

IP and ATM over xDSL 

Security 

IP and ATM Telephony 

Practical experiences results 

User applications 

Video (Davic, ...) 

QoS 

WDM 

Optical Switching 

Scheduling & Resource allocation 

Services over ATM

MPOA, IP Switching, MPLS, Tag Switching, Fast IP, Aris ... 

Wireless ATM (LEO,MEO GEO, from GSM to UMTS and IMT2000 Hyperlan2, ...)

These topics can be discussed in term of concepts, state of the art,
standards, implementations, performance, security and confidentiality,
traffic management, running experiments, QoS (Quality of Service) and
applications. 

INSTRUCTIONS FOR AUTHORS 

Mail four copies of a full paper which should be no longer than 10 pages
or an extended abstract summarizing an original work. All the manuscripts
must be written in English. The top of the first page of each paper
should include the title of the paper, authors' name, position, address,
telephone and fax numbers, e-mail of the author responsible for
correspondence and a list of four keywords. 

Electronic submissions are strongly encouraged. Acceptable formats are
PDF, Postscript, RTF, Word 97. Please use A4 paper format when formatting
your submission! Authors of accepted papers will later be required to
submit a IEEE copyright form, please assure that you have all necessary
authorizations in place. Typing instructions for accepted full papers can
be downloaded from http://dongshinu.ac.kr/~idec_du. 

  The deadline for submission of all extended abstracts is September 10,
2000 with notification of acceptance by November 10, 2000. Submission of
camera-ready paper is by January 10, 2001. 

Authors of accepted papers will be invited to submit full-length
manuscripts for inclusion in the proceedings. 

All submitted papers should be sent to the following address: 

For the worldwide: 

Mike Myung-Ok LEE 

IDEC 

Dongshin University 

252 Daeho-Dong, Naju 

Chonnam, 520-714 Korea 

Phone:82(0)613-330-3195 Fax:82(0)613-330-2911 Mobile:82(0)16-612-2925 

E-mail: [email-masked] 

For Europe : 

Pascal LORENZ 

University of Haute Alsace 

IUT - Department GTR 

34 rue du Grillenbreit 

68008 Colmar, France 

Phone: 33 (0)389202366 Fax: 33 (0)389202359 Mobile: 33 (0)603658042 

E-mail: [email-masked] 

You can learn more in our Web page at
http://dongshinu.ac.kr/~idec_du/ICATM01.html for the latest information
concerning the conference. 

Best papers will be forwarded for consideration in a special issue of the
journal Telecommunication Systems published by Baltzer Science
Publishers. 

TUTORIALS AND WORKSHOPS 

Tutorials and workshops provide overviews of current high interest
topics. Proposals for half of full day tutorials are due by September 10,
2000. 

INTERNATIONAL ADVISORY COMMITTEE 

R. Addie (Australia) - University of Southern Queensland 

K. Begain (Jordan) - Mu'tah University 

A. Benslimane (France) - University of Belfort 

B. Bing (Singapore) - Ngee Ann Polytechnic 

D. Bonjour (France) - CNET 

A. Brandwajn (USA) - University of California Santa Cruz 

J.P. Coudreuse (France) Mitsubishi 

J. Crowcroft (UK) University College London 

B. Gavish (USA) - Vanderbilt University 

J. Halpern (USA) Newbridge 

Z. Hulicki (Poland) University of Cracow 

R. Israel (France) - IEEE 

S. Komandur (USA) - Ascend Communications 

D. Kouvatsos (UK) - University of Bradford 

S. Kumar (USA) Ericsson 

G.S. Kuo (Taiwan) National Central University 

F. Le Faucheur (France) - Cisco 

M. Lee (Korea) Dongshin University 

P. Lorenz (France) - University of Haute Alsace 

G. Omidyar (USA) - Computer Sciences Corp. 

J.J. Pansiot (France) - University of Strasbourg 

M. Potts (Switzerland) - Martel 

Z. Mammeri (France) - University of Toulouse 

N. Mastorakis (Greece) - Military Institutions of University Education 

S. Moyer (USA) - Bellcore 

R. Muraine (France) - Newbridge 

G. Pujolle (France) - University of Versailles-Saint-Quentin 

S. Rao (Switzerland) - Ascom 

A. Reid (UK) - British Telecom 

S. Ritzenthaler (France) - Newbridge 

P. Rolin (France) - ENST Bretagne 

R. Saracco (Italy) - CSELT 

G. Swallow (USA) - Cisco 

H. Tobiet (France) Clemessy 

V.A. Villagra (Spain) University of Madrid 

E. Vazquez Gallo (Spain) University of Madrid 

IMPORTANT DATES 

Extended Abstract due: September 10, 2000 

Notification of acceptance: November 10, 2000 

Deadline for full-length camera-ready manuscript: January 10, 2001 

_______________________________________________
IPTEL mailing list
[email-masked]
http://lists.bell-labs.com/mailman/listinfo/iptel