Subject: [IPTEL] Jurisdiction Info Parameter and draft-yu-tel-url-00

From: Kevin Summers <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 30 Oct 2000 14:48:57 -0600

James,	

Have you given any thought to supporting the Jurisdiction Info Parameter
(JIP) as part of draft-yu-tel-url-00 ? I know that the various Bellcore GR's
require the JIP in LNP call processing; I don't think that such a parameter
exists in the ITU specifications.

Kevin

**********************************************************************
This email and any files transmitted with it are confidential and
intended solely for the use of the individual or entity to whom they
are addressed. If you have received this email in error please notify
the system manager.

This footnote also confirms that this email message has been swept by
MIMEsweeper for the presence of computer viruses.

www.inip.com
**********************************************************************

_______________________________________________
IPTEL mailing list
[email-masked]
http://lists.bell-labs.com/mailman/listinfo/iptel

---

From: James Yu <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 30 Oct 2000 16:07:29 -0600

Kevin,

I've been thinking about something like "originating location" that
indicates the location of the caller or the originating switch/network.
That information can be used for LNP/NP and 800/freephone service.

James

> -----Original Message-----
> From: Kevin Summers [mailto:[email-masked]]
> Sent: Monday, October 30, 2000 3:49 PM
> To: [email-masked]; [email-masked]
> Subject: Jurisdiction Info Parameter and draft-yu-tel-url-00 
> 
> 
> James,	
>