Subject: FW: [IPTEL] I-D ACTION:draft-ietf-iptel-cpl-03.txt,.ps

From: Jonathan Rosenberg <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 26 Oct 2000 10:45:29 -0400

Folks,

As you can see, -03 of the CPL spec has just been submitted. It contains the
new time-switch stuff, along with an update to H.323 handling and
organization based on the liaison we received from ITU.

I am happy to now issue a working group last call on this document. In two
weeks time hence (November 9, 2000), if there are no comments, I will submit
this document to IESG for consideration as proposed standard. If you do have
comments on this document, please send them to the list before then for
discussion.

Thanks,
Jonathan R.

---
Jonathan D. Rosenberg                       72 Eagle Rock Ave.
Chief Scientist                             First Floor
dynamicsoft                                 East Hanover, NJ 07936
[email-masked]                     FAX:   (973) 952-5050
http://www.cs.columbia.edu/~jdrosen         PHONE: (973) 952-5000
http://www.dynamicsoft.com

-----Original Message-----
From: [email-masked] [mailto:[email-masked]]
Sent: Thursday, October 26, 2000 6:47 AM
To: IETF-Announce
Cc: [email-masked]
Subject: [IPTEL] I-D ACTION:draft-ietf-iptel-cpl-03.txt,.ps

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts
directories.
This draft is a work item of the IP Telephony Working Group of the IETF.

	Title		: CPL: A Language for User Control of Internet
Telephony
                          Services
	Author(s)	: J. Lennox, H. Schulzrinne
	Filename	: draft-ietf-iptel-cpl-03.txt,.ps
	Pages		: 61
	Date		: 25-Oct-00
	
The Call Processing Language (CPL) is a language that can be used to
describe and control Internet telephony services. It is designed to
be implementable on either network servers or user agent servers. It
is meant to be simple, extensible, easily edited by graphical
clients, and independent of operating system or signalling protocol.
It is suitable for running on a server where users may not be allowed
to execute arbitrary programs, as it has no variables, loops, or
ability to run external programs.
This document is a product of the IP Telephony (IPTEL) working group
of the Internet Engineering Task Force. Comments are solicited and
should be addressed to the working group's mailing list at
[email-masked] and/or the authors.

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-ietf-iptel-cpl-03.txt

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP. Login with the username
"anonymous" and a password of your e-mail address. After logging in,
type "cd internet-drafts" and then
	"get draft-ietf-iptel-cpl-03.txt".

A list of Internet-Drafts directories can be found in
http://www.ietf.org/shadow.html 
or ftp://ftp.ietf.org/ietf/1shadow-sites.txt

Internet-Drafts can also be obtained by e-mail.

Send a message to:
	[email-masked].
In the body type:
	"FILE /internet-drafts/draft-ietf-iptel-cpl-03.txt".
	
NOTE:	The mail server at ietf.org can return the document in
	MIME-encoded form by using the "mpack" utility.  To use this
	feature, insert the command "ENCODING mime" before the "FILE"
	command.  To decode the response(s), you will need "munpack" or
	a MIME-compliant mail reader.  Different MIME-compliant mail readers
	exhibit different behavior, especially when dealing with
	"multipart" MIME messages (i.e. documents which have been split
	up into multiple messages), so check your local documentation on
	how to manipulate these messages.

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant mail reader
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version of the
Internet-Draft.

Date: Thu, 26 Oct 2000 10:45:33 -0400

---

From: James Undery <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 26 Oct 2000 16:45:43 +0000 (GMT)

> comments on this document, please send them to the list before then for

A quick note the durations in the time switches are still wrong

section 5.3 duration="P10M" should be duration="PT10M"

figure 24 duration="P8H" should be duration="PT8H"

according to the definition of DURATION in section 4.3.6 of RFC 2445

James Undery

_______________________________________________
IPTEL mailing list
[email-masked]
http://lists.bell-labs.com/mailman/listinfo/iptel