Subject: [IPTEL] (no subject)

From: Juan Rendon <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 23 Nov 2000 17:52:06 +0100

Hi,

I'm new in this mailing list. I'm working in a project of IP Telephony and
I'd like to ask anyone the following question.

I have read that the major problems are the integration of the signalling
system SS7 and the services
offered in the PSTNs that are not able to run in the IP network. I know that
there are some problems with the way H.323 handles
SS7. I'd like to know if MGCP or MEGACO (or any other new protocol) has
solved these problems (specially the question of the PSTN services).

Thank you for your time,

Juan Rendon

> Juan Rendón Schneir
> .Italtel
	Dpto. de Ofertas e Ingeniería de Red
	[email-masked]             Barcelona (Spain)
> Tfno: 34.93.508.58.39  Fax: 34.93.508.58.20

---

From: Young Michael-Y10724 <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 23 Nov 2000 10:43:05 -0800

Hi Juan,
 
MEGACO (or MGCP) is a control protocol between Media Gateway Controller
(MGC) and Media Gateway (MGW), there is nothing to do with SS7.  Only if you
have to deal with legacy PSTN network, you need to talk to SS7.  I am not
sure exactly what's your question, but go check sigtran group in IETF, you
might find some useful information about SS7 upper layer protocol over IP.
 
Regards,

Michael Young 
---------------------------------------------------------- 
System Design,  GTSS Vancouver, Motorola 
Tel: (604)241-6032       Cel: (604)726-6609 
Email:  [email-masked] 
Instant Msg: [email-masked] 
---------------------------------------------------------- 

-----Original Message-----
From: Juan Rendon [mailto:[email-masked]]
Sent: Thursday, November 23, 2000 8:52 AM
To: [email-masked]'
Subject: [IPTEL] (no subject)

Hi, 

Thank you for your time, 

Juan Rendon 

Juan Rendón Schneir 
.Italtel

---

From: Jonathan Rosenberg <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 23 Nov 2000 14:38:08 -0500

I would advise that you check out the many tutorials, papers, and
information available at these sites:
 
http://www.cs.columbia.edu/~hgs/sip <http://www.cs.columbia.edu/~hgs/sip> 
http://www.cs.columbia.edu/~hgs/rtp <http://www.cs.columbia.edu/~hgs/rtp> 
http://www.fokus.gmd.de/research/cc/glone/projects/ipt/
<http://www.fokus.gmd.de/research/cc/glone/projects/ipt/> 
http://www.packetizer.com/ <http://www.packetizer.com/> 

Jonathan D. Rosenberg                       72 Eagle Rock Ave.
Chief Scientist                             First Floor
dynamicsoft                                 East Hanover, NJ 07936
[email-masked]                     FAX:   (973) 952-5050
http://www.cs.columbia.edu/~jdrosen <http://www.cs.columbia.edu/~jdrosen>
PHONE: (973) 952-5000
http://www.dynamicsoft.com <http://www.dynamicsoft.com/> 

-----Original Message-----
From: Juan Rendon [mailto:[email-masked]]
Sent: Thursday, November 23, 2000 11:52 AM
To: [email-masked]'
Subject: [IPTEL] (no subject)

Hi, 

Thank you for your time, 

Juan Rendon 

Juan Rendón Schneir 
.Italtel