Subject: [IPTEL] FW: I-D ACTION:draft-jfp-trip-servicecodes-00.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Tue, 28 Nov 2000 13:38:54 -0700

I'd like to offer an advertisement for a draft I submitted on a proposed
'ServiceCode' attribute for TRIP to be used for propagating routes from VoIP
network applications. I'd appreciate any comments.

Jon Peterson
Level(3) Communications

-----Original Message-----
From: [email-masked] [mailto:[email-masked]] 
Sent: Tuesday, November 21, 2000 3:57 AM
Subject: I-D ACTION:draft-jfp-trip-servicecodes-00.txt

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts
directories.

	Title		: The ServiceCode Attribute for TRIP
	Author(s)	: J. Peterson
	Filename	: draft-jfp-trip-servicecodes-00.txt
	Pages		: 9
	Date		: 20-Nov-00
	
Telephony Routing over IP (TRIP) [2] provides a means for entities in
a VoIP network to advertise telephony routes to their peers. No
assumption can be made about the treatment which is offered by an
endpoint propagating a route - it could intend to terminate the call
in some fashion or apply services to the call. This document proposes
an optional ServiceCode attribute propagated along with such routes
which provides more information about the services offered by the
originator.

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-jfp-trip-servicecodes-00.txt

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP. Login with the username
"anonymous" and a password of your e-mail address. After logging in,
type "cd internet-drafts" and then
	"get draft-jfp-trip-servicecodes-00.txt".

A list of Internet-Drafts directories can be found in
http://www.ietf.org/shadow.html 
or ftp://ftp.ietf.org/ietf/1shadow-sites.txt

Internet-Drafts can also be obtained by e-mail.

Send a message to:
	[email-masked].
In the body type:
	"FILE /internet-drafts/draft-jfp-trip-servicecodes-00.txt".
	
NOTE:	The mail server at ietf.org can return the document in
	MIME-encoded form by using the "mpack" utility.  To use this
	feature, insert the command "ENCODING mime" before the "FILE"
	command.  To decode the response(s), you will need "munpack" or
	a MIME-compliant mail reader.  Different MIME-compliant mail readers
	exhibit different behavior, especially when dealing with
	"multipart" MIME messages (i.e. documents which have been split
	up into multiple messages), so check your local documentation on
	how to manipulate these messages.

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant mail reader
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version of the
Internet-Draft.

Date: Tue, 28 Nov 2000 13:41:00 -0700