Subject: [IPTEL] CPL for H.323 - an update

From: Orit Levin <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 13 Dec 2000 20:32:27 -0500

Hello!
Since I wasn't be able to attend the iptel session on Monday and this
question was asked, here is a short update on this subject from the last ITU
SG16 meeting in Geneva.

The meeting was mostly about H.323v4 decision (which BTW included the basic
H323-URL) and the reorganization of SG16 itself towards the new Study
Period.
Therefore you can imagine that there was no much time spent on the CPL
specifically.

The general feeling of the H.323 community is that, even with the latest CPL
improvements, in order to be useful for H.323 systems, further CPL
extensions are required.

It was proposed that if certain companies find a serious interest in
applying the CPL for H.323, it would be beneficial to consider this work
towards a separate normative Annex. And as usual with the ITU, contributions
are solicited and the progress of this work totally depends in that.

Best Regards,
Orit Levin
RADVision Inc.
TEL: 201.529.4300 x 230
FAX:201.529.3516
mailto:[email-masked]
http://www.radvision.com 
575 Corporate Drive Suite 420 Mahwah, NJ 07430

_______________________________________________
IPTEL mailing list
[email-masked]
http://lists.bell-labs.com/mailman/listinfo/iptel