Subject: [IPTEL] A question about Redirect in draft-ietf-iptel-cpl-04.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Fri, 8 Dec 2000 12:13:38 +0000

The definition of signalling operation "Redirect" in section 7.2 says
" Redirect causes the server to direct the calling party to attempt to
   place its call to the currently specified set of locations".

   If there are more than one locations being specified in the location
set, how should a server to redirect a call to all of them? Should it try
the locations one by one? Or does the "currently specified set of
locations" actually means the last location that has been specified before
the redirect operation?

   Does any people knows an interpretation of this definition?

    regards

     Jian-Rong Chen

      ECI Telecom UK

_______________________________________________
IPTEL mailing list
[email-masked]
http://lists.bell-labs.com/mailman/listinfo/iptel

---

From: "James Undery" <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 08 Dec 2000 17:15:34 -0000

>From: [email-masked]
>To: [email-masked]
>Subject: [IPTEL] A question about Redirect in draft-ietf-iptel-cpl-04.txt
>Date: Fri, 8 Dec 2000 12:13:38 +0000
>MIME-Version: 1.0
>Received: from [194.202.146.92] by hotmail.com (3.2) with ESMTP id 
>MHotMailBBFA3D86008D40042A0BC2CA925C861F0; Fri Dec 08 06:39:03 2000
>Received: from gecko.ubiquity.net by drago1.ubiquity.net          via smtpd 
>(for mc7.law5.hotmail.com [64.4.42.7]) with SMTP; 8 Dec 2000 14:39:14 UT
>Received: from gateway.ubiquity.net by ubiquity.net with ESMTP 
>(8.8.8+Sun/25-eef)id PAA05648; Fri, 8 Dec 2000 15:37:48 +0100 (BST)
>Received: from dragon.ubiquity.net by gateway.ubiquity.net with SMTP 
>(8.9.3+Sun/-eef)id OAA18975; Fri, 8 Dec 2000 14:37:42 GMT
>Received: from share.research.bell-labs.com ([204.178.16.58]) by 
>dragon.ubiquity.net          via smtpd (for mailhost.ubiquity.net 
>[193.195.52.26]) with SMTP; 8 Dec 2000 14:39:05 UT
>Received: from share.research.bell-labs.com (localhost.localdomain 
>[127.0.0.1])by lists.bell-labs.com (Postfix) with ESMTPid 4A3C64435D; Fri,  
>8 Dec 2000 08:38:04 -0500 (EST)
>Received: from mink.ecitele.com (mink.ecitele.com [147.234.1.100])by 
>lists.bell-labs.com (Postfix) with ESMTP id D7F2944336for 
><[email-masked]>; Fri,  8 Dec 2000 06:23:57 -0500 (EST)
>Received: from olive.ecitele.com (ilsmtp04.ecitele.com [147.234.8.125])by 
>mink.ecitele.com (8.9.1a/8.9.1) with ESMTP id OAA29851for 
><[email-masked]>; Fri, 8 Dec 2000 14:22:30 +0200 (IST)
>From [email-masked] Fri Dec 08 06:40:21 2000
>Delivered-To: [email-masked]
>X-Mailer: Lotus Notes Release 5.0 (Intl) 30 March 1999
>Message-ID: <[email-masked]>
>X-MIMETrack: Serialize by Router on ILSMTP04/ECI Telecom(Release 5.0.3 
>(Intl)|21 March 2000) at 08/12/2000 02:25:06 PM
>Sender: [email-masked]
>Errors-To: [email-masked]
>X-BeenThere: [email-masked]
>X-Mailman-Version: 2.0beta6
>Precedence: bulk
>List-Help: <mailto:[email-masked]?subject=help>
>List-Post: <mailto:[email-masked]>
>List-Subscribe: <http://lists.bell-labs.com/mailman/listinfo/iptel>, 
><mailto:[email-masked]?subject=subscribe>
>List-Id: <iptel.lists.bell-labs.com>
>List-Unsubscribe: <http://lists.bell-labs.com/mailman/listinfo/iptel>, 
><mailto:[email-masked]?subject=unsubscribe>
>List-Archive: http://lists.bell-labs.com/pipermail/iptel/
>

I take this to mean that all the locations (if any) are used to redirect the 
call simultaneously, what the entity recieving this redirect does is up to 
it and outside of the control of the entity running the CPL script.

James Undery [email-masked]
_____________________________________________________________________________________
Get more from the Web.  FREE MSN Explorer download : http://explorer.msn.com