Subject: [Iptel] 2806bis is for everyone, not just for Christmas?

From: "Conroy, Lawrence (SMTP)" <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 28 Jan 2003 15:27:07 +0000

Hi Henning, folks,
   I send this to IPTEL as "holder of 2806bis" as it's a general issue.

Looking at the SIPPING discussions, they (understandably) focus on
the SIPPING scope. However, there are statements there like [with this
assumption] "the text in 2806bis can get considerably smaller and more
focused", where [this assumption] focuses on SIPPING issues only.

Q:: Are all uses of the tel: URI scheme still considered rather
than a particular (if most important) usage?
If so, how do we reconcile these disparate uses - in 2806bis or
by qualifications for specific use?

This *has* to be a common issue but I'm not quite sure how it plays
out - the DDDS cluster is one way (but I hope we don't end up with
six circularly referential docs for this URI scheme definition :).

all the best,
   Lawrence
-- 
-----------------------------------------------------------------------
Roke Manor Research    : This information is provided "as is" and is not
<mailto:[email-masked]>: intended to create any contractual or legal
<tel:+441794833666>    : relationship.
_______________________________________________
Iptel mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/iptel

---

From: Henning Schulzrinne <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 28 Jan 2003 11:32:41 -0500

I'm hoping that 2806bis is the core. The SIPPING discussion is primarily 
  when we use different possibilities, namely SIP URIs with phone user 
parts, global tel URIs or local tel URIs. I'm considering writing a 
brief annex to 2806bis that captures the more important parts of this 
discussion, kind of an applicability statement.

Conroy, Lawrence (SMTP) wrote:
> ------------------------------------------------------------------------
> 
> Registered Office: Roke Manor Research Ltd, Siemens House, Oldbury, Bracknell, 
> Berkshire. RG12 8FZ
> 
> The information contained in this e-mail and any attachments is confidential to Roke 
> Manor Research Ltd and must not be passed to any third party without permission. This 
> communication is for information only and shall not create or change any contractual 
> relationship.