Subject: [Iptel] Resolution of tel URI

From: "Alexeitsev, D" <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 29 Jan 2003 11:11:09 +0100

Hello Henning, All

I have a general question concerning what tel URI is - more of URN or URI. So far my understanding of tel URI was of an Identifier that may identify in principle any kind of resource including humans, modems, IVRs..., Web documents? If this is true, then the current draft lacks the discussion about resolution of tel. URI as a resource identifier to the actual address and access protocol of the resource. 

If this annex is aimed to clarify this kind of discussion it would be greatly appreciated.

Greetings,
Denis Alexeitsev 

>I'm hoping that 2806bis is the core. The SIPPING discussion is primarily 
>  when we use different possibilities, namely SIP URIs with phone user 
>parts, global tel URIs or local tel URIs. I'm considering writing a 
>brief annex to 2806bis that captures the more important parts of this 
>discussion, kind of an applicability statement.

_______________________________________________
Iptel mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/iptel

---

From: Henning Schulzrinne <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 29 Jan 2003 09:03:28 -0500

It's anything that can be identified by an E.164 number (or its various 
country cousins). There are many ways to resolve it to a protocol URI, 
from a local table to ENUM. I will add a