Subject: [Isms] Request to advance RFC 5343, RFC 5590, RFC 5591, RFC 5953 to Draft Standard

From: Juergen Schoenwaelder <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 4 Apr 2011 21:17:20 +0200

Hi,

I have posted a revised version of the implementation report for RFC
5343, RFC 5590, RFC 5591, and RFC 5953.

  http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-schoenw-isms-interoperability-report-01.txt

We now have three implementations that successfully exchanged packets
with each other. We also know that a fourth implementation is being
worked on.

Sean, I like to ask you to start the process to advance RFC 5343, RFC
5590, RFC 5591, and RFC 5953 to Draft Standard status. The RFCs seem
to be in a good enough state to advance them without republishing them.

Thanks to everybody who helped with the implementations and the
interoperability testing. It is good to see that SNMP community still
manages to get something like this done in a timely fashion, like in
the "good old days of SNMP".

/js

-- 
Juergen Schoenwaelder           Jacobs University Bremen gGmbH
Phone: +49 421 200 3587         Campus Ring 1, 28759 Bremen, Germany
Fax:   +49 421 200 3103         <http://www.jacobs-university.de/>

---

From: Sean Turner <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 05 Apr 2011 15:38:49 -0400

Just a heads up:

I was poking around in the tracker and noted that 5343 came from OPSAWG. 
  I contacted Dan (responsible AD) and noted that we're looking to 
progress one of his documents.  He wants to check that there are no 
issues with the WG (he didn't think there would be any).  Also, since 
it's Dan's doc - he'll be the one actually issuing the IETF LC for it - 
but we'll coordinate closely to make sure they all happen at the same time.

spt