Subject: [its] video and slides of "Technical and Commercial challenges of V2V and V2I networks" by Ravi Puvvala of Savari Networks

From: Alison Chaiken <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 9 Oct 2012 00:02:44 -0700

0. Slides

http://files.meetup.com/2623882/savari-v2x-svaosm-sep2012.pdf

and video

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uDqn3WwR_jI&feature=youtu.be

 of the September 27 presentation on "Technical and Commercial challenges
of V2V and V2I networks" by Ravi Puvvala of Savari Networks.    As a bonus,
here is a link to the surprisingly informative video prepared by the
Department of Transportation:

http://www.its.dot.gov/library/media/7connectedvehicle.htm

Thanks to attendees for a lively discussion, and then again to Ravi for a
fine talk.    Mentor Graphics generously underwrote the food cost,
organized the logistics, provided the venue and the video.

1. I attended the Automotive Linux Summit in Gaydon, Warwickshire U.K.,
where the 170-odd-member GENIVI automotive software consortium announced a
code release and issued a call for community participation.    You can find
the details under "GENIVI® Open Source Projects" at http://www.genivi.org/.

2. I also attended the Connected IVI Summit in London after the ALS.
The slides from the Automotive Linux Summit (including my own) are here:

htttp://events.linuxfoundation.org/events/automotive-linux-summit/slides

while those from Connected IVI Summit are here:

http://www.in-vehicle-infotainment-summit.com/14/presentation-materials/79/presentation-materials/

3. "Automotive Grade Linux" was also announced at the Automotive Linux
Summit by Ken-Ichi Murata of Toyota.    AGL is intended to be the "a Debian
or Fedora-like project for the automotive industry" and sounds very
exciting.    Read all about it here:

http://automotive.linuxfoundation.org/

-- 
Alison Chaiken                           [email-masked]
650-279-5600                            http://{she-devel.com,
exerciseforthereader.org}
"The opposite of success is not failure: it's not trying."  -- William Sato
via BBC's Peter Day

---

From: Alexandru Petrescu <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 15 Oct 2012 09:57:12 +0200

Thanks Alison for the pointers.

For the youtube video of the Tech and Comm'l challenges V2V/V2I the url 
below yields "removed" but I found another one by searching youtube with 
the exact title, dated October 9th, 2012.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HeKv7XvQiJI

Yours,

Alex

Le 09/10/2012 09:02, Alison Chaiken a écrit :
>   of the September 27 presentation on "Technical and Commercial
> challenges of V2V and V2I networks" by Ravi Puvvala of Savari Networks.
>     As a bonus, here is a link to the surprisingly informative video
> prepared by the Department of Transportation:
>
> Thanks to attendees for a lively discussion, and then again to Ravi for
> a fine talk.    Mentor Graphics generously underwrote the food cost,
> where the 170-odd-member GENIVI automotive software consortium announced
> a code release and issued a call for community participation.    You can
> find the details under "GENIVI® Open Source Projects" at
> http://www.genivi.org/.
>
> <http://events.linuxfoundation.org/events/automotive-linux-summit/slides>
>
> Summit by Ken-Ichi Murata of Toyota.    AGL is intended to be the "a
> Debian or Fedora-like project for the automotive industry" and sounds
> very exciting.    Read all about it here:
>
> Alison Chaiken [email-masked] <mailto:[email-masked]>
> 650-279-5600                            http://{she-devel.com
> <http://she-devel.com>, exerciseforthereader.org
> <http://exerciseforthereader.org>}
> "The opposite of success is not failure: it's not trying."  -- William
> Sato via BBC's Peter Day
>
>
> _______________________________________________
> its mailing list
> [email-masked]
> https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/its
>