Subject: [its] Using ROLL technique in ITS

From: Abdussalam Baryun <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 16 Feb 2013 03:30:13 +0100

I think it is reasonable to include applications of the ROLL efforts
into ITS, not only to consider Mobile-IP.

On 2/15/13, Alexandru Petrescu <[email-masked]> wrote:
> Intelligent Transportation Systems (ITS) are composed of mobile and
> fixed computing and communicating equipment.  The fixed access points
> are deployed along terrestrial roads (e.g. Road-Side Units), shores
> along water paths; alternatively, mobile or fixed access points may be
> deployed above ground; they all offer wireless access to equipment
> deployed in mobile vehicles (e.g. On-Board Units).  The entire system
> is connected to the Internet through one or several IP paths.  In this
> system, disjoint and heterogeneous radio systems are used (e.g. a
> vehicle uses two different radios).

I will try to amend;

Intelligent Transportation Systems (ITS) are composed of
interconnected systems of machines; vehicles, mobile devices and fixed
embedded devices (actuator and sensors). These machines communicate
with fixed access points which are are deployed along terrestrial
roads (e.g. Road-Side Units), shores along water paths; alternatively,
mobile or fixed access points may be deployed above ground; they all
offer wireless access to equipment deployed in mobile vehicles (e.g.
On-Board Units).  The entire system
is connected to the Internet through one or several IP paths.  In this
system, disjoint and heterogeneous radio systems are used (e.g. a
vehicle uses two different radios).

AB