Subject: [its] "Addressing the hard problems of automotive Linux: networking and IPC" talk slides

From: Alison Chaiken <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 15 Feb 2013 16:06:17 -0800

Colleagues, I'm giving a presentation next week at Embedded Linux Conference:

http://events.linuxfoundation.org/events/embedded-linux-conference/schedule

which is partly about networking, and which draws from many ideas and
resources I've learned about by reading this valuable mailing list.
I'd appreciate any suggestions you might have based on my slides:

http://she-devel.com/Chaiken_ELC_2013.pdf

I've already submitted them to the Conference organizers, but can
still change my oral presentation, which is Thursday 2/21.    The
content about networking is more in the second half of the
presentation.

If any of you ever pass through the San Francisco Bay area, I invite
you once again to give a talk to the Silicon Valley Automotive Open
Source Group I organize, which often draws 50 or 60 attendees to its
monthly meetings.

Best wishes,
Alison Chaiken

-- 
Alison Chaiken                           [email-masked]
650-279-5600                            http://{she-devel.com,
exerciseforthereader.org}
Access is more important than ownership.   -- Joe Gebbia, AirBnB

---

From: Alexandru Petrescu <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 16 Feb 2013 14:04:51 +0100

Alison,

Thank you for the email.  Good luck with the presentation at the
Embedded Linux Conference.

It's good to be invited talk to the monthly Silicon Valley Automotive
Open Source Group.

About the pdf you refer to http://she-devel.com/Chaiken_ELC_2013.pdf

I've been contacted privately by AUTOSAR representative, I'll meet soon.
  I am told AUTOSAR also discusses address auto-configuration for
in-vehicle?  And OBD/Ethernet?  And in your slide I see AUTOSAR ECU
protocol?  What is ECU protocol?

CAN-Ethernet demo seems to be interesting.

AF_BUS - a new family of protocols, akin to AF_UNIX.

Do you think the Draft Charter proposal I sent earlier in the 'its'
email list covers these concepts?  I wrote this 'addresses within a
vehicle' keywords, but not sure whether it covers well what needs to be
done.  I welcome comments on this Draft Charter proposal.

(and I learn from your slides that there exists IEEE 1609.3 WSMP ok,
which I guess is like FNTP mentioned by Hans-Joachim at ISO).

Alex

> http://events.linuxfoundation.org/events/embedded-linux-conference/schedule
which is partly about networking, and which draws from many ideas
> and resources I've learned about by reading this valuable mailing
> list. I'd appreciate any suggestions you might have based on my
> slides:
>
> Best wishes, Alison Chaiken
>