Subject: [its] ITS-IETF and GENIVI

From: Alison Chaiken <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 30 Apr 2013 11:13:24 -0700

My employer is part of the GENIVI automotive industry consortium that
is promoting Linux standards.    You can view some of GENIVI's
existing efforts here:

http://projects.genivi.org/

GENIVI has something like 170 members, including most major car
manufacturers and represents, alongside Tizen-IVI, the most important
effort to standardize automotive software.     To date, GENIVI's
networking discussions have mostly centered on car intranets with
AUTOSAR and EthernetAVB and the like, but inevitably, as GENIVI
partners with W3C, discussions will turn to V2X as well.     I hope
that GENIVI and Tizen-IVI will cooperate with ITS-IETF in the future.
   Is anyone besides me from these projects reading this email list?

My own participation in the GENIVI Networking Expert Group has been
limited by the fact that the meetings are held in the middle of the
night in my timezone.     It would be great if someone who lives in
Central European Time would participate in the meetings!

Please let me know if ITS-IETF would like to make contact with these
groups as it formalizes its own status within IETF.   No one from
GENIVI or Tizen has deputized me to inquire; I just think it's a good
idea!

Best wishes,
Alison

-- 
Alison Chaiken                           [email-masked]
650-279-5600                            http://{she-devel.com,
exerciseforthereader.org}
The intermediary between the head and the hands must be the heart.
-- Thea von Harbou