Subject: [geonet/its] Requesting help to convert a 802.11a node into 802.11p node

From: Shourya Singh Gupta <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 18 Jan 2014 19:24:07 +0530

Hello
I am a 3rd year under-graduate currently pursuing my B.Tech. from
DA-IICT,Gandhinagar,India. I am currently working on Vehicular Ad-Hoc
Network(VANET) under my professor.Can somebody guide me as to how i can
convert a normal 802.11a node to use it as node for ITS(Intelligent
Transportation System).I need some guidance on this, I am stuck in this
part of my project.

---

From: Alexandru Petrescu <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 19 Jan 2014 15:03:41 +0100

On 18/01/2014 14:54, Shourya Singh Gupta wrote:
> Hello I am a 3rd year under-graduate currently pursuing my B.Tech.
> from DA-IICT,Gandhinagar,India. I am currently working on Vehicular
> Ad-Hoc Network(VANET) under my professor.Can somebody guide me as to
> how i can convert a normal 802.11a node to use it as node for
> ITS(Intelligent Transportation System).I need some guidance on this,
> I am stuck in this part of my project.

Hi,

Thanks for the interest.

There is some guidance about this in Appendix C of
draft-petrescu-ipv6-over-80211p-01.txt

If the effort is more than just reporting about how to do it - actually
doing it, then you could reach many people interested in this at IETF,
in the email lists of relevant Working Groups such as 6MAN or v6ops.

Also, once realized, a 802.11p driver may be useful to communicate
geography-related data.  Maybe in a new Geography-Advertisement message
(similar to the existing 802.11p Time Advertisement message).  I wonder
whether you consider the use of geographical coordinates with the
802.11p node.

Alex

>
>
>
> _______________________________________________ its mailing list
> [email-masked] https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/its
>

---
Ce courrier électronique ne contient aucun virus ou logiciel malveillant parce que la protection avast! Antivirus est active.
http://www.avast.com

---

From: Francisco Javier Ros Muñoz <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 19 Jan 2014 19:21:28 +0100

Hi Shourya,

The following paper describes what you're trying to do. Unfortunately I couldn't find the paper on-line, but you might try to contact the author.
László Virág, "Implementation of ISO/ETSI Compliant IEEE 802.11p Communication Using Commercial WLAN Radios", First International Workshop on IPv6-based Vehicular Networks, June 2012.

Best,
fran

El 18/01/2014, a las 14:54, Shourya Singh Gupta escribió:

> Hello
> I am a 3rd year under-graduate currently pursuing my B.Tech. from DA-IICT,Gandhinagar,India. I am currently working on Vehicular Ad-Hoc Network(VANET) under my professor.Can somebody guide me as to how i can convert a normal 802.11a node to use it as node for ITS(Intelligent Transportation System).I need some guidance on this, I am stuck in this part of my project.
> 
> [email-masked]
> https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/its

--
Francisco J. Ros, PhD
Dept. of Information and Communications Engineering
University of Murcia, Murcia (Spain)
http://masimum.inf.um.es/fjrm/