Subject: [ipwave] standards in draft-jeong-ipwave-vehicular-networking-survey-00

From: Michelle Wetterwald <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 3 Feb 2017 13:20:20 +0100

Hello,

I recently made an external presentation of the work of this group. One of
the outcomes of the discussion was that
draft-jeong-ipwave-vehicular-networking-survey-00 makes a very good
presentation of academic papers, but existing standards that consider IPV6
should also be included in the analysis. This would be fully compliant to
the charter text which does not limit the types of source documents for the
state of the art in the field.
We suggest to add to the draft a short summary of the IPv6-related content
already available in the following standards:

- IEEE Std 1609.0™-2013, IEEE Guide for Wireless Access in Vehicular
Environments (WAVE) - Architecture
- IEEE Std 1609.3™-2016, IEEE Standard for Wireless Access in Vehicular
Environments (WAVE) — Networking Services

- ETSI EN 302 636-6-1, Intelligent Transport Systems (ITS); Vehicular
Communications; GeoNetworking; Part 6: Internet Integration; Sub-part 1:
Transmission of IPv6 Packets over GeoNetworking Protocols

- ISO/IEC 21210-2012, Intelligent Transport Systems - Communications access
for land mobiles (CALM) - IPv6 networking.

Best regards,
Michelle Wetterwald
[email-masked]
----
Senior expert in networking and telecommunications

---

From: "Mr. Jaehoon Paul Jeong" <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 6 Feb 2017 15:31:26 +0900

Dear Michelle,
Thanks for your input.

I agree with you that we need to include the existing standards for IPWAVE
mentioned by you.

I will work for this in the next revision.

Best Regards,
Paul

On Fri, Feb 3, 2017 at 9:20 PM, Michelle Wetterwald <[email-masked]>
wrote:

> the outcomes of the discussion was that draft-jeong-ipwave-vehicular-networking-survey-00
> makes a very good presentation of academic papers, but existing standards
> that consider IPV6 should also be included in the analysis. This would be
> fully compliant to the charter text which does not limit the types of
> source documents for the state of the art in the field.
> - ISO/IEC 21210-2012, Intelligent Transport Systems - Communications
> access for land mobiles (CALM) - IPv6 networking.
>
> Best regards,
> Michelle Wetterwald
> _______________________________________________
> its mailing list
> [email-masked]
> https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/its
>
>

-- 
===========================
Mr. Jaehoon (Paul) Jeong, Ph.D.
Assistant Professor
Department of Software
Sungkyunkwan University
Office: +82-31-299-4957
Email: [email-masked], [email-masked]
Personal Homepage: http://iotlab.skku.edu/people-jaehoon-jeong.php
<http://cpslab.skku.edu/people-jaehoon-jeong.php>