Subject: [ipwave] I-D Action: draft-ietf-ipwave-ipv6-over-80211ocb-01.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Mon, 20 Feb 2017 08:29:19 -0800

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.
This draft is a work item of the IP Wireless Access in Vehicular Environments of the IETF.

        Title           : Transmission of IPv6 Packets over IEEE 802.11 Networks in mode Outside the Context of a Basic Service Set (IPv6-over-80211ocb)
        Authors         : Alexandre Petrescu
                          Nabil Benamar
                          Jérôme Härri
                          Christian Huitema
                          Jong-Hyouk Lee
                          Thierry Ernst
                          Tony Li
	Filename        : draft-ietf-ipwave-ipv6-over-80211ocb-01.txt
	Pages           : 32
	Date            : 2017-02-20

Abstract:
   In order to transmit IPv6 packets on IEEE 802.11 networks run outside
   the context of a basic service set (OCB, earlier "802.11p") there is
   a need to define a few parameters such as the recommended Maximum
   Transmission Unit size, the header format preceding the IPv6 header,
   the Type value within it, and others.  This document describes these
   parameters for IPv6 and IEEE 802.11 OCB networks; it portrays the
   layering of IPv6 on 802.11 OCB similarly to other known 802.11 and
   Ethernet layers - by using an Ethernet Adaptation Layer.

   In addition, the document attempts to list what is different in
   802.11 OCB (802.11p) compared to more 'traditional' 802.11a/b/g/n
   layers, layers over which IPv6 protocols operates without issues.
   Most notably, the operation outside the context of a BSS (OCB) has
   impact on IPv6 handover behaviour and on IPv6 security.

   An example of an IPv6 packet captured while transmitted over an IEEE
   802.11 OCB link (802.11p) is given.

The IETF datatracker status page for this draft is:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-ipwave-ipv6-over-80211ocb/

There's also a htmlized version available at:
https://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-ietf-ipwave-ipv6-over-80211ocb-01

A diff from the previous version is available at:
https://www.ietf.org/rfcdiff?url2=draft-ietf-ipwave-ipv6-over-80211ocb-01

Please note that it may take a couple of minutes from the time of submission
until the htmlized version and diff are available at tools.ietf.org.

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/

---

From: Alexandre Petrescu <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 20 Feb 2017 17:40:49 +0100

Hello IPWAVErs,

I submitted this -01 version addressing comments we received so far:
https://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-ietf-ipwave-ipv6-over-80211ocb-01

Please comment.  We could still discuss and make a better -02 before the 
deadline for Chicago.

This is the changelog:
o Introduced message exchange diagram illustrating differences
   between 802.11 and 802.11 in OCB mode.
o Introduced an appendix listing for information the list of 802.11
   messages that may be transmitted in OCB mode.
o Removed appendix sections "Privacy Requirements", "Authentication
   Requirements" and "Security Certificate Generation".
o Removed appendix section "Non IP Communications".
o Introductory phrase in the Security Considerations section.
o Improved the definition of "OCB".
o Introduced theoretical stacked layers about IPv6 and IEEE layers
   including EPD.
o Removed the appendix describing the details of prohibiting IPv6 on
   certain channels relevant to 802.11-OCB.
o Added a brief reference in the privacy text about a precise clause
   in IEEE 1609.3 and .4.
o Clarified the definition of a Road Side Unit.
o Removed the discussion about security of WSA (because is non-IP).
o Removed mentioning of the GeoNetworking discussion.
o Moved references to scientific articles to a separate ’overview’
   draft, and referred to it.

Alex

Le 20/02/2017 à 17:29, [email-masked] a écrit :
> _______________________________________________
> I-D-Announce mailing list
> [email-masked]
> https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/i-d-announce
> Internet-Draft directories: http://www.ietf.org/shadow.html
> or ftp://ftp.ietf.org/ietf/1shadow-sites.txt
>

---

From: François Simon <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 28 Feb 2017 11:03:29 -0500

Please, find attached the draft commented by Francois Simon.

If you have any questions, please let me know.

Sincerely,

Francois Simon

-----Original Message-----
From: its [mailto:[email-masked]] On Behalf Of Alexandre Petrescu
Sent: Monday, February 20, 2017 11:41 AM
To: [email-masked]
Subject: Re: [ipwave] I-D Action: draft-ietf-ipwave-ipv6-over-80211ocb-01.txt

Hello IPWAVErs,

Please comment.  We could still discuss and make a better -02 before the deadline for Chicago.

This is the changelog:

Alex

Le 20/02/2017 à 17:29, [email-masked] a écrit :
> Please note that it may take a couple of minutes from the time of 
> submission until the htmlized version and diff are available at tools.ietf.org.
>
> Internet-Draft directories: http://www.ietf.org/shadow.html or 
> ftp://ftp.ietf.org/ietf/1shadow-sites.txt
>