Subject: [ipwave] Fwd: New Version Notification for draft-ietf-ipwave-ipv6-over-80211ocb-03.txt

From: Alexandre PETRESCU <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 29 May 2017 20:36:21 +0300

Hello to participants to IPWAVE WG,

This -03 version of the IPv6-over-80211ocb draft addresses all comments 
we had recently on the list, in the Chicago meeting, and in private.

This is the changelog:
    o  Keep the previous text on multiple addresses, so remove talk about
       MIP6, NEMOv6 and MCoA.
    o  Clarified that a 'Beacon' is an IEEE 802.11 frame Beacon.
    o  Clarified the figure showing Infrastructure mode and OCB mode side
       by side.
    o  Added a reference to the IP Security Architecture RFC.
    o  Detailed the IPv6-per-channel prohibition paragraph which reflects
       the discussion at the last IETF IPWAVE WG meeting.
    o  Added section "Address Mapping -- Unicast".
    o  Added the ".11 Trailer" to pictures of 802.11 frames.
    o  Added text about SNAP carrying the Ethertype.
    o  New RSU definition allowing for it be both a Router and not
       necessarily a Router some times.
    o  Minor textual issues.

Alex

-------- Message transféré --------
Sujet : New Version Notification for 
draft-ietf-ipwave-ipv6-over-80211ocb-03.txt
Date : Mon, 29 May 2017 10:32:31 -0700
De : [email-masked]
Pour : Nabil Benamar <[email-masked]>, Christian Huitema 
<[email-masked]>, Jong-Hyouk Lee <[email-masked]>, Jérôme 
Härri <[email-masked]>, Alexandre Petrescu 
<[email-masked]>, Tony Li <[email-masked]>, Thierry Ernst 
<[email-masked]>, [email-masked]

A new version of I-D, draft-ietf-ipwave-ipv6-over-80211ocb-03.txt
has been successfully submitted by Alexandre Petrescu and posted to the
IETF repository.

Name:		draft-ietf-ipwave-ipv6-over-80211ocb
Revision:	03
Title:		Transmission of IPv6 Packets over IEEE 802.11 Networks in mode 
Outside the Context of a Basic Service Set (IPv6-over-80211ocb)
Document date:	2017-05-29
Group:		ipwave
Pages:		34
URL: 
https://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-ietf-ipwave-ipv6-over-80211ocb-03.txt
Status: 
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-ipwave-ipv6-over-80211ocb/
Htmlized: 
https://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-ietf-ipwave-ipv6-over-80211ocb-03
Htmlized: 
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/html/draft-ietf-ipwave-ipv6-over-80211ocb-03
Diff: 
https://www.ietf.org/rfcdiff?url2=draft-ietf-ipwave-ipv6-over-80211ocb-03

Abstract:
    In order to transmit IPv6 packets on IEEE 802.11 networks run outside
    the context of a basic service set (OCB, earlier "802.11p") there is
    a need to define a few parameters such as the recommended Maximum
    Transmission Unit size, the header format preceding the IPv6 header,
    the Type value within it, and others.  This document describes these
    parameters for IPv6 and IEEE 802.11 OCB networks; it portrays the
    layering of IPv6 on 802.11 OCB similarly to other known 802.11 and
    Ethernet layers - by using an Ethernet Adaptation Layer.

    In addition, the document attempts to list what is different in
    802.11 OCB (802.11p) compared to more 'traditional' 802.11a/b/g/n
    layers, layers over which IPv6 protocols operates without issues.
    Most notably, the operation outside the context of a BSS (OCB) has
    impact on IPv6 handover behaviour and on IPv6 security.

    An example of an IPv6 packet captured while transmitted over an IEEE
    802.11 OCB link (802.11p) is given.

Please note that it may take a couple of minutes from the time of submission
until the htmlized version and diff are available at tools.ietf.org.

The IETF Secretariat