Subject: [ipwave] IPv6-per-channel prohibition

From: Alexandre Petrescu <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 29 May 2017 19:01:22 +0300

Hi,

During the last IPWAVE meeting at IETF Chicago we discussed about this 
IPv6-per-channel prohibition paragraph.

This new paragraph below reflects that discussion, and is part of -03.

I must say I do not agree with this text, but this seems to be what the 
room said (minutes, emails and video of the session).

The reason I disagree with it is that in France the national regulator 
does not prohibit IPv6 on any channel.  It is ETSI ITS who prohibits it. 
  ETSI ITS is a supra-national body (European organisation).

But I put this text below in -03, according to our meeting.

Alex

>    o  Prohibition of IPv6 on some channels relevant for IEEE 802.11-OCB,
>       as opposed to IPv6 not being prohibited on any channel on which
>       802.11a/b/g/n runs:
>
>       *  Some channels are reserved for safety communications; the IPv6
>          packets should not be sent on these channels.
>
>       *  At the time of writing, the prohibition is explicit at higher
>          layer protocols providing services to the application; these
>          higher layer protocols are specified in IEEE 1609 documents.
>
>       *  National or regional specifications and regulations specify the
>          use of different channels; these regulations must be followed.