Subject: [ipwave] [CFP] Special Issue in Wireless Communications and Mobile Computing

From: "Mr. Jaehoon Paul Jeong" <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 19 Jul 2017 22:25:11 +0200

Hi IPWAVE WG,
I am in charge of the following special issue.
If you have interest in vehicular networking for road safety and traffic
efficiency
in Intelligent Transportation Systems.
Please submit your paper to this CFP.

Thanks.

Best Regards,
Paul
--------------------------------------------------------------------*Special
Issue in Wireless Communications and Mobile Computing -*Road Safety and
Traffic Efficiency in Smart Transportation: Systems, Protocols, and
Applications
https://www.hindawi.com/journals/wcmc/si/498584/cfp/
Call for Papers

Currently, smart transportation has been spotlighted on advanced data
services for the road safety and traffic efficiency. There are many
environments composing the smart transportation, such as road networks,
subway, parking areas, and bridges. Vehicles can play a vital role in
monitoring these environments in the smart transportation to detect
obstacles and hazards. The monitoring is performed by collection of various
motion sensors (e.g., accelerometer, gyroscope, and magnetometer), obstacle
detection sensors (e.g., ultrasonic and laser sensors), and camera (e.g.,
on-board camera and smartphone camera) in vehicles.

In the smart transportation, precisely monitoring the surface on roads or
subway rails and identifying the hazards are critically important, and the
sensing can be performed by vehicles or subway trains as mobile sensors.
Such sensing information can be shared among the vehicles or trains to
avoid possible dangerous circumstances and situations. Additionally, it is
important to support instantaneous response to dynamic transportation
situations and neighboring vehicles or trains through the efficient and
delay-bounded data communications, and this is possible through Dedicated
Short-Range Communications (DSRC) (i.e., IEEE 802.11p) or Wi-Fi Direct. For
the driving efficiency, sensors can measure a road congestion level for the
navigation purpose. Also, vehicle sensors can share the current congestion
level and the vehicles’ navigation paths with the Traffic Control Center
(TCC) for the real-time coordination of the efficient navigation service.
TCC performs global optimized road traffic control along with the
synchronization of traffic signaling system and navigation system.

In this special issue, the journal will focus on systems, protocols, and
applications for the smart transportation related to the road safety and
traffic efficiency. Original research articles as well as review articles,
designs, implementation, experiments, and analysis for the systems,
protocols, and applications for the smart transportation are welcome.

Potential topics include but are not limited to the following:

   - - Sensing and identifying obstacles and hazards in smart transportation
   - - Collective sensing and intelligence in mobile sensor networks for
   smart transportation
   - - Measuring and estimating road traffic conditions
   - - Network layer protocols and transport layer protocols for smart
   transportation networks
   - - Vehicle-to-everything (V2X) communications for road safety
   - - Collision warning services in intersection and highways
   - - Pedestrian protection services in streets
   - - Cooperative platooning and adaptive cruise control in roadways
   - - Navigation and traffic signaling systems for smart transportation
   - - Multimodal transportations services for smart transportation
   - - Security and privacy services in smart transportation networks
   - - Protocol simulations, testbeds, and demonstrators for smart
   transportation

Authors can submit their manuscripts through the Manuscript Tracking System
athttp://mts.hindawi.com/submit/journals/wcmc/rstet/.
Manuscript Due Friday, 28 July 2017
First Round of Reviews Friday, 20 October 2017
Publication Date Friday, 15 December 2017
Lead Guest Editor

   - Jaehoon Paul Jeong <[email-masked]>, Sungkyunkwan University,
   Suwon, Republic of Korea

Guest Editors

   - Song Min Kim <[email-masked]>, George Mason University, Fairfax, USA
   - Jianhua He <[email-masked]>, Aston University, Birmingham, UK
   - Tae Oh <[email-masked]>, Rochester Institute of Technology, Rochester,
   USA
   - Junghyun Jun <[email-masked]>, Indian Institute of Technology
   Ropar, Rupnagar, India
   - --

===========================
Mr. Jaehoon (Paul) Jeong, Ph.D.
Assistant Professor
Department of Software
Sungkyunkwan University
Office: +82-31-299-4957
Email: [email-masked], [email-masked]
Personal Homepage: http://iotlab.skku.edu/people-jaehoon-jeong.php
<http://cpslab.skku.edu/people-jaehoon-jeong.php>