Subject: [ipwave] WGLC for draft-ietf-ipwave-ipv6-over-80211ocb-08

From: Carlos Jesús Bernardos Cano <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 23 Sep 2017 20:42:44 +0200

Hi,

Hereby we are issuing a WGLC for draft-ietf-ipwave-ipv6-over-80211ocb-
08. 

The WGLC will be open till the 8th of October to give enough time for
people to review. We kindly ask the WG to review the document and
provide comments.

If you have no comments and think the document is ready, please do send
a note stating that to the WG ML.

Additional information about the document is below:

        Title           : Transmission of IPv6 Packets over IEEE 802.11
Networks operating in mode Outside the Context of a Basic Service Set
(IPv6-over-80211-OCB)
        Authors         : Alexandre Petrescu
                          Nabil Benamar
                          Jérôme Härri
                          Christian Huitema
                          Jong-Hyouk Lee
                          Thierry Ernst
                          Tony Li
        Filename        : draft-ietf-ipwave-ipv6-over-80211ocb-08.txt
        Pages           : 38
        Date            : 2017-09-19

Abstract:
   In order to transmit IPv6 packets on IEEE 802.11 networks running
   outside the context of a basic service set (OCB, earlier "802.11p")
   there is a need to define a few parameters such as the supported
   Maximum Transmission Unit size on the 802.11-OCB link, the header
   format preceding the IPv6 header, the Type value within it, and
   others.  This document describes these parameters for IPv6 and IEEE
   802.11-OCB networks; it portrays the layering of IPv6 on 802.11-OCB
   similarly to other known 802.11 and Ethernet layers - by using an
   Ethernet Adaptation Layer.

   In addition, the document lists what is different in 802.11-OCB
   (802.11p) links compared to more 'traditional' 802.11a/b/g/n links,
   where IPv6 protocols operate without issues.  Most notably, the
   operation outside the context of a BSS (OCB) impacts IPv6 handover
   behaviour and IPv6 security.

The IETF datatracker status page for this draft is:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-ipwave-ipv6-over-80211ocb/

There are also htmlized versions available at:
https://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-ietf-ipwave-ipv6-over-80211ocb-08
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/html/draft-ietf-ipwave-ipv6-over-80211
ocb-08

A diff from the previous version is available at:
https://www.ietf.org/rfcdiff?url2=draft-ietf-ipwave-ipv6-over-80211ocb-
08

Thank you for your support.

-- Russ and Carlos