Subject: [ipwave] Fwd: New Version Notification for draft-ietf-ipwave-ipv6-over-80211ocb-10.txt

From: Alexandre Petrescu <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 12 Oct 2017 14:58:40 +0200

Dear IPWAVErs,

We have submitted the -10 version of this draft IPv6-over-OCB.

It contains mainly resolution to comments since October 8th, from 
Michelle, Sri and Carlos.

This is the full ChangeLog entry:

  o  Removed text requesting a new Group ID for multicast for OCB.
  o  Added a clarification of the meaning of value "3333" in the
     section Address Mapping -- Multicast.
  o  Added note clarifying that in Europe the regional authority is not
     ETSI, but "ECC/CEPT based on ENs from ETSI".
  o  Added note stating that the manner in which two STAtions set their
     communication channel is not described in this document.
  o  Added a time qualifier to state that the "each node is represented
     uniquely at a certain point in time."
  o  Removed text "This section may need to be moved" (the "Reliability
     Requirements" section).  This section stays there at this time.
  o  In the term definition "802.11-OCB" added a note stating that "any
     implementation should comply with standards and regulations set in
     the different countries for using that frequency band."
  o  In the RSU term definition, added a sentence explaining the
     difference between RSU and RSRU: in terms of number of interfaces
     and IP forwarding.
  o  Replaced "with at least two IP interfaces" with "with at least two
     real or virtual IP interfaces".
  o  Added a term in the Terminology for "OBU".  However the definition
     is left empty, as this term is defined outside IETF.
  o  Added a clarification that it is an OBU or an OBRU in this phrase
     "A vehicle embarking an OBU or an OBRU".
  o  Checked the entire document for a consistent use of terms OBU and
     OBRU.
  o  Added note saying that "'p' is a letter identifying the
     Ammendment".
  o  Substituted lower case for capitals SHALL or MUST in the
     Appendices.
  o  Added reference to RFC7042, helpful in the 3333 explanation.
     Removed reference to individual submission draft-petrescu-its-
     scenario-reqs and added reference to draft-ietf-ipwave-vehicular-
     networking-survey.
  o  Added figure captions, figure numbers, and references to figure
     numbers instead of 'below'.  Replaced "section Section" with
     "Section" throughout.
  o  Minor typographical errors.

Yours,

Alex

-------- Message transféré --------
Sujet : 	New Version Notification for 
draft-ietf-ipwave-ipv6-over-80211ocb-10.txt
Date : 	Thu, 12 Oct 2017 05:51:43 -0700
De : 	[email-masked]
Pour : 	Jerome Haerri <[email-masked]>, 
[email-masked], Jerome Haerri <[email-masked]>, 
Alexandre Petrescu <[email-masked]>, Alexandre Petrescu 
<[email-masked]>, Nabil Benamar <[email-masked]>, 
Thierry Ernst <[email-masked]>, Jong-Hyouk Lee 
<[email-masked]>

A new version of I-D, draft-ietf-ipwave-ipv6-over-80211ocb-10.txt
has been successfully submitted by Alexandre Petrescu and posted to the
IETF repository.

Name:		draft-ietf-ipwave-ipv6-over-80211ocb
Revision:	10
Title:		Transmission of IPv6 Packets over IEEE 802.11 Networks operating in mode Outside the Context of a Basic Service Set (IPv6-over-80211-OCB)
Document date:	2017-10-12
Group:		ipwave
Pages:		38
URL:            https://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-ietf-ipwave-ipv6-over-80211ocb-10.txt
Status:         https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-ipwave-ipv6-over-80211ocb/
Htmlized:       https://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-ietf-ipwave-ipv6-over-80211ocb-10
Htmlized:       https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/html/draft-ietf-ipwave-ipv6-over-80211ocb-10
Diff:           https://www.ietf.org/rfcdiff?url2=draft-ietf-ipwave-ipv6-over-80211ocb-10

Abstract:
    In order to transmit IPv6 packets on IEEE 802.11 networks running
    outside the context of a basic service set (OCB, earlier "802.11p")
    there is a need to define a few parameters such as the supported
    Maximum Transmission Unit size on the 802.11-OCB link, the header
    format preceding the IPv6 header, the Type value within it, and
    others.  This document describes these parameters for IPv6 and IEEE
    802.11-OCB networks; it portrays the layering of IPv6 on 802.11-OCB
    similarly to other known 802.11 and Ethernet layers - by using an
    Ethernet Adaptation Layer.

Please note that it may take a couple of minutes from the time of submission
until the htmlized version and diff are available at tools.ietf.org.

The IETF Secretariat