Subject: [ipwave] I-D Action: draft-ietf-ipwave-vehicular-networking-01.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Mon, 13 Nov 2017 01:11:42 -0800

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.
This draft is a work item of the IP Wireless Access in Vehicular Environments WG of the IETF.

        Title           : IP-based Vehicular Networking: Use Cases, Survey and Problem Statement
        Author          : Jaehoon Paul Jeong
	Filename        : draft-ietf-ipwave-vehicular-networking-01.txt
	Pages           : 50
	Date            : 2017-11-13

Abstract:
   This document discusses use cases, survey, and problem statement on
   IP-based vehicular networks, which are considered a key component of
   Intelligent Transportation Systems (ITS).  The main topics of
   vehicular networking are vehicle-to-vehicle (V2V), vehicle-to-
   infrastructure (V2I), and infrastructure-to-vehicle (I2V) networking.
   First, this document surveys use cases using V2V and V2I networking.
   Second, this document deals with some critical aspects in vehicular
   networking, such as vehicular network architectures, standardization
   activities, IP address autoconfiguration, routing, mobility
   management, DNS naming service, service discovery, and security and
   privacy.  For each aspect, this document discusses problem statement
   to analyze the gap between the state-of-the-art techniques and
   requirements in IP-based vehicular networking.  Finally, this
   document articulates discussions including the summary and analysis
   of vehicular networking aspects and raises deployment issues.

The IETF datatracker status page for this draft is:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-ipwave-vehicular-networking/

There are also htmlized versions available at:
https://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-ietf-ipwave-vehicular-networking-01
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/html/draft-ietf-ipwave-vehicular-networking-01

A diff from the previous version is available at:
https://www.ietf.org/rfcdiff?url2=draft-ietf-ipwave-vehicular-networking-01

Please note that it may take a couple of minutes from the time of submission
until the htmlized version and diff are available at tools.ietf.org.

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/

---

From: "Mr. Jaehoon Paul Jeong" <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 13 Nov 2017 18:26:15 +0900

Hi Carlos and Russ,

Mr. Charlie Perkins and I have worked for the revision last week.
Main changes are the improvement of the text for clarification.

My Ph.D student, Chris Shen, will present the slides, but
I will join the IPWAVE WG meeting by Meetecho.

Thanks.

Best Regards,
Paul

On Mon, Nov 13, 2017 at 6:11 PM, <[email-masked]> wrote:

> _______________________________________________
> its mailing list
> [email-masked]
> https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/its
>

-- 
===========================
Mr. Jaehoon (Paul) Jeong, Ph.D.
Assistant Professor
Department of Software
Sungkyunkwan University
Office: +82-31-299-4957
Email: [email-masked], [email-masked]
Personal Homepage: http://iotlab.skku.edu/people-jaehoon-jeong.php
<http://cpslab.skku.edu/people-jaehoon-jeong.php>