Subject: [ipwave] Documents on ND and Deployment Considerations

From: "Sri Gundavelli (sgundave)" <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 11 Dec 2017 20:55:25 +0000

Chairs - When we were discussing the IPv6 support over 802.11-OCB draft,
we agreed to keep the discussions on ND outside the scope of that
document. May be we should discuss on how to support ND in that
environment. Alex and I thought will ask for a slot in IETF101 and present
few slides. 

Secondly, I was also wondering if we should focus on the service
architecture for vehicular environments. Covering some aspects around
on-boarding, mobility, link-aggregator, routing policies ..etc. May be
some thing around deployment considerations.

Thoughts?  Are these items under charter scope?

Sri

---

From: Carlos Jesús Bernardos Cano <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 11 Dec 2017 22:26:43 +0100

Hi Sri,

Please see inline below.

> environment. Alex and I thought will ask for a slot in IETF101 and

As discussed in Singapore, this is a potential good item for a new
charter item. I think it's good if you could prepare that material for
IETF 101.

> Thoughts?  Are these items under charter scope?

I think these are good items for discussion. We have to fix our current
milestones (at least submit the IPv6-over-802.11-OCB to the IESG and
have well advanced the other one) before we are allowed to recharter.
If we do our job on those items, we would like to open the floor for
rechartering discussions via e-mail before IETF101 and have some F2F
airtime in London.

As I also highlighted in Singapore, since we have a problem statement
document, all items for rechartering should be covered there (and
properly justified). This is the perfect placeholder to do the proper
analysis of what we need and why we need it (i.e., justification of the
problem that need to be addressed, analysis of why there are no
solutions already for it, and justification of why the IETF should work
on it).

Thanks,

Carlos

> 
> 
> Sri
>  
> 
> _______________________________________________
> its mailing list
> [email-masked]
> https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/its

---

From: "Sri Gundavelli (sgundave)" <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 11 Dec 2017 21:39:16 +0000

Hi Carlos,

Thanks for sharing the plan. We probably should open some discussions in
the mailer.

>properly justified).

Agree! I need to check this out. I have this problem of ignoring PS
documents :-) Will review and make sure these are included.

Regards
Sri

---

From: Carlos Jesús Bernardos Cano <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 11 Dec 2017 23:24:34 +0100

Hi Sri,

> Thanks for sharing the plan. We probably should open some discussions

Sure.

> documents :-) Will review and make sure these are included.

:D

Carlos

> > > environment. Alex and I thought will ask for a slot in IETF101
> > > and
> > > present
> > > few slides. 
> > 
> > > on-boarding, mobility, link-aggregator, routing policies ..etc.
> > > May
> > > be