Subject: [Jmap] Fwd: Re: Alvaro Retana's No Objection on charter-ietf-jmap-00-04: (with COMMENT)

From: Alexey Melnikov <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 19 Jan 2017 15:45:06 +0000

[Forwarding my reply, as I accidentally discarded it in the Mailman
moderation queue.]

----- Original message -----
From: Alexey Melnikov <[email-masked]>
To: Alvaro Retana <[email-masked]>, The IESG <[email-masked]>
Cc: [email-masked]
Subject: Re: Alvaro Retana's No Objection on charter-ietf-jmap-00-04:
(with COMMENT)
Date: Thu, 19 Jan 2017 14:56:50 +0000

Hi Alvaro,

On Thu, Jan 19, 2017, at 02:46 PM, Alvaro Retana wrote:
> Alvaro Retana has entered the following ballot position for
> charter-ietf-jmap-00-04: No Objection

> ----------------------------------------------------------------------
> COMMENT:
> ----------------------------------------------------------------------
> 
> Given the description, which includes hints at the pain current solutions
> result in, I would think that the first deliverable (problem statement)
> is not needed.

The charter says that it might not be published as an RFC.

> If the WG needs to work on a problem statement then perhaps the problem
> is not full understood yet...

I think the problem is understood in certain circles, but there might be
some disagreement on details. I found current discussions on problems to
be a rather interesting read, because I ran into many of them (and fixed
when I could). I think this document would be useful to implementors and
protocol designers.

Best Regards,
Alexey