Subject: Re: [Jmap] Adding the Message::isForwarded property

From: Neil Jenkins <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 15 Jun 2017 12:21:29 +1000

On Fri, 28 Apr 2017, at 04:22 PM, Neil Jenkins wrote:
> OK, I think we have consensus on this. I've made a pull request on
> GitHub with the changes[1] for people to review.
This has now been merged.

> Firstly, I think we should map the 4 \System flags to $System in JMAP.
> Using backslash is a real pain because it is an escape character in
> JSON, so examples in the spec are confusing if nothing else! Changing
> it to $ would make the system keywords consistent with the IANA
> registered keywords, which I believe will be less confusing for
> developers coming in without an IMAP background. The only issue would
> be what to do if someone has added "$Flagged" etc. user keywords on an
> IMAP server. This seems unlikely to be much of a real-world occurrence
> to me, on the basis it would have been very confusing, but I think we
> can just specify that these keywords are not visible over JMAP.
This has been merged too, and the document metadata updated to say this
"updates RFC 5788". I've not yet submitted the names to the IANA
registry to be reserved from use in IMAP; I'll do this when we're closer
to final status with the JMAP draft.
> Secondly, matching the setting of the \Answered keyword, I've added a
> section that the server SHOULD automatically set the $Forwarded
> keyword if appropriate on send (the request that started this whole
> thread!). This is looking at the X-Forwarded-Message-Id header though,
> which as mentioned earlier in the thread is not a standard (it seems
> it was first introduced by Thunderbird).
The current draft references `X-Forwarded-Message-Id`, but should a Forwarded-Message-
Id header perhaps be standardised?
Neil.

Links:

  1. https://github.com/jmapio/jmap/pull/61/files

---

From: Alexey Melnikov <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 15 Jun 2017 11:54:51 +0100

On 15 Jun 2017, at 03:21, Neil Jenkins <[email-masked]> wrote:

>> Secondly, matching the setting of the \Answered keyword, I've added a section that the server SHOULD automatically set the $Forwarded keyword if appropriate on send (the request that started this whole thread!). This is looking at the X-Forwarded-Message-Id header though, which as mentioned earlier in the thread is not a standard (it seems it was first introduced by Thunderbird).
> 
> The current draft references `X-Forwarded-Message-Id`, but should a Forwarded-Message-Id header perhaps be standardised?

Yes.